Help With Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle-d

Reaction score
Can Anyone Help??????
I Have Done 2 Sets Of Natural Nail Overlays With Brisa Gel And I Have Followed The Instructions To The Letter Yet Today Both People Came Back (friends Fortunately) With One Off And Lifting! What Am I Doing Wrong!!!!! :(

Hey Michelle.

How were the other nails? Was the lifting across all 10 nails or was it one for each person?
Lifting like this can be from under curing or from lack of prep.

Leme know!

Hi Hun,
if the gel is lifting around the cuticle area and sidewalls then it's not bonding, something is getting in the way......non living tissue mainly...........so a thorough prep is your answer here..........
Don't forget to use the liquid bonding agend , use it on 2 nails at a time as it has a limit working time..........

If it is lifting from the free edge, capping the nail will eliminate this, as the gel will slightly shrink and this way can if you like clamp itself around the edge...........

And like GMG said make sure you cure your product for the full recommend time.......Also clean your bulbs with a soft tissue periodically, I clean my Lamp, liing and bulbs, every night ready for the next days clients.................A dust free lamp is a happy lamp lol..........
HTH

Whilst putting on liquid bond you have to scrub in into the nail too, not brush it on. Try everything suggested, you will get there, it is a fantastic product

Hi Everybody Thanks For Replying Because Its Sods Law That 3 People On Tuesday Want Brisa!!!! Panic!!!!
The Lifting Is At The Sidewalls And The Cuticle Area But I Do Do A Thorough Prep. On The Lamp It Has The Two Minute Timer So It Coulnt Undercure Or Could It?
With The Liquid Bond I Put It On Two Nails Then Re-dip And Put It On Again Until All Ten Are Done. Is That Wrong Should I Put It On 2 Then Do The Base Layer And So On :(

Sorry Forgot To Ask But How Do You Scrub It In?????????

michelle-d said:
Hi Everybody Thanks For Replying Because Its Sods Law That 3 People On Tuesday Want Brisa!!!! Panic!!!!
The Lifting Is At The Sidewalls And The Cuticle Area But I Do Do A Thorough Prep. On The Lamp It Has The Two Minute Timer So It Coulnt Undercure Or Could It?
With The Liquid Bond I Put It On Two Nails Then Re-dip And Put It On Again Until All Ten Are Done. Is That Wrong Should I Put It On 2 Then Do The Base Layer And So On :(
If you are really sure your prep is thorough then maybe you`re touching the skin around that area. It is a very common thing to think you are doing a thorough prep when in fact you are doing something wrong somewhere. Go over what you`re doing again, maybe you`re not getting all the non living tissue off the nail plate in those areas.
Maybe when putting on liquid bond its too much and the nails aren`t dry.
Failing that are you going too close to skin?
As for scrubbing liquid bond into the nail, I generally stipple in onto the nail rather than brush it on and 2 nails at a time is fine until all 10 are done before applying base layer of gel.
I hope you solve your problem, if not, then some 1-2-1 should definitely help as they will be able to see whats going wrong for you

Debs said:
Whilst putting on liquid bond you have to scrub in into the nail too, not brush it on. Try everything suggested, you will get there, it is a fantastic product
I think Debs meant to scrub the Bonder layer of Gel (the first thin layer you put on the nail) onto the nail plate and not the liquid Bond.

In other words, make sure you work that first thin layer of gel well onto the nail plate and in lots of different directions - it should not be applied like nail enamel.

I was advised a while back to stipple liquid bond into the nail plate and not just brush it on.
If I have confused I apologise for that but since doing that with liquid bond and the first layer of gel I have had no problems

Here is how I do it ..........lol............
Prep nails thoroughly....................
Apply liquid bond to 2 nails,stipple or brushing is fine, as long as there is no non living tissue on the nail both ways will work.Make sure you do not have soft tissue contact with the liquid bonder. Let it dry for a second or two, apply a thin base layer of gel on to the 2 nails, I work the gel into the nail using little circular motions...........repeat and cure the 4 fingers for 2 minutes........because the layer is thin the is no risk of the gel flooding the cuticles or sidewalls.......................
whilst that hand is curing, repeat on other hand.............
Then move on to the thumbs...........
Working the base layer of gel into the nail is the same as applying nice firm pressure to your L&P bead, maximum adhesion and a great base for the main layers.............

HTH

Sorry to be a nuisance, but can I check..... How does this work with tips??

Do you put tip bonder onto natural tips, or do you just blend the tip, scrubfresh then apply the thin coat of gel? I have no problems with sculpted gels, (except time!) only with tips !

Sue
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Here is how I do it ..........lol............
Prep nails thoroughly....................
Apply liquid bond to 2 nails,stipple or brushing is fine, as long as there is no non living tissue on the nail both ways will work.Make sure you do not have soft tissue contact with the liquid bonder. Let it dry for a second or two, apply a thin base layer of gel on to the 2 nails, I work the gel into the nail using little circular motions...........repeat and cure the 4 fingers for 2 minutes........because the layer is thin the is no risk of the gel flooding the cuticles or sidewalls.......................
whilst that hand is curing, repeat on other hand.............
Then move on to the thumbs...........
Working the base layer of gel into the nail is the same as applying nice firm pressure to your L&P bead, maximum adhesion and a great base for the main layers.............

HTH

Welsh Geek said:
Sorry to be a nuisance, but can I check..... How does this work with tips??

Do you put tip bonder onto natural tips, or do you just blend the tip, scrubfresh then apply the thin coat of gel? I have no problems with sculpted gels, (except time!) only with tips !

Sue
Hi babe, you're not a nuisance at all....glad to help
The liquid bond needs only to be applied to the nail plate, it prepares the keratin and provides a chemical bond with the keratin and the base gel........

The tips are ABS virgin plastic or should be that lol.......they do not need the liquid bond.....they need a mechanical bond............ so you use a 180 grit file and take off the shine....

HTH

Hi

I haven't had brisa long but this is what i have found.
Lifting at the side wall and base of nail: make sure your product is applied very thinly in these areas any ridges and it lifts. Obviously check your prep first but thats what i have found. Run your finger over the enhancements and if you feel any slight ridges i find that they lift.
Thats what i have found on my own nails and i am a difficult client as i am a hairdresser as well. I usually get really bad lifting with all products so far so good Brisa when applied correctly hasn't budged.
So i am a happy girl! :lol:

Thanks Ruth....
Sue x

Lifting around the lateral folds and the eponychium is skin exposure. The skin exposure may be soft living skin (as in the folds themselves) or possibly from cuticle left around these folds.

Make sure that you are using Cuticle Remover and rinsing it off. Check my PREP tutorial for more detail instructions.

As far as the two minute timer not curing your application... this is possible (though not as likely) as it is two minutes for an average thickness. The thicker your application, the less UV light will penetrate.
UV light has a very hard time penetrating surfaces.

Hope this helps!

hi

Help I have just started a training course on Gel Nails in Australia with Neways but I am not happy with the results have just heard about Brisa, how do they compare to Neways, can anyone help?

Kimi

kimi said:
hi

Help I have just started a training course on Gel Nails in Australia with Neways but I am not happy with the results have just heard about Brisa, how do they compare to Neways, can anyone help?

Kimi
Hi Kimi, There is no comparison to what Neways offers and Brisa which is a professional product produced by probably the best professional nail product manufacturer in the world.

I emphasize the word professional because Neways is a multi level marketed consumer product and in no way resembles Brisa from Creative Nail Design.
Neways does not have the beauty, the lasting ability, the strength etc. Also, your customers can buy it for themselves.

If you are a professional and not a consumer then Neways is not the product I would buy. If you are a consumer then you would not be able to buy a professional product like Creative Nail Design with out training.

You can do a search on Neways or Brisa or look at the Brisa Q&A tutorials on this site (in the premium geeks section) to get more information.

Thanks for the reply, yesterday went out and brought the Brisa Gels and WOW what a difference!!!!!!!! Will be throwing all the Neways rubbish away

Kimi

Well I'm glad first impressions are good!!

I hope you bought the Brisa UV lamp. It is very important that with Brisa Gels you use the Brisa UV Lamp. Other lamps will not cure the gel sufficiently which is dangerous.

You will love Brisa when you really get to know it. And you can look back on your Neways experience and have a good laugh. :lol: HAVE A GREAT DAY DOWN UNDER!

Latest posts

Back