Help with colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisab06

Reaction score
Hi I have a client booked in next week .
She currently has an inch of base 7 re growth ,
And a reddish brown colour on the ends .
She wants to eventually get to a sandy blonde .
So I was going to do a full head of foils
With bleach & 9%
Then flood in between with 7/1
Dia richesse ( to neutralise The red. )
Then tone the blonde once developed to pale orange with maybe 10.1 pastel

Im concerns about the roots lifting too quickly - should I use 10 vol here ?
Do u guys think this sounds ok
Any suggestions ? X

She understands that it could take a couple of appointments or so.

What colour is the reddish brown on the ends 5? 6?

Also 7/1 richesse and 10.1 pastel? What brand are you using?????

End colour is a 6
Sorry loreal dia richesse is semi permanent
The 10.1 pastel is wella koleston
X

Right....

So 7.1 richesse (if there is such a shade?) will look flatter and lighter on the roots. The ends are a 6 so why use a 7?

Also you need a green tone to counteract red not blue.

Also I think your being a bit ambitious lifting from a reddish 6 to a level 10 to be able to tone. How do you know you can use a 10/1?

Your roots will look flat and light, your ends with look darker and warmer and brassy.

Also why using the two brands?

I have done a test piece for the blond.
What would u suggest would b a better option ?

Define "sandy blonde"? To me it is a beige 8 with maybe some highlights going through?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have done a test piece for the blond.
What would u suggest would b a better option ?

And how did that look?

A pale orange doesn't indicate a level really to use 10/1 in it.

To be honest it seems you've just picked two random colours in two different brands with no thought process as to what currently is on the hair.

Yes a beige 8 with hi lights .
I do feel a bit out of depth with this colour , that's y I'm asking advice !

Break it down bit by bit.

As an example (you can add in more info)

The ends are a 6 so need lifting up to an 8.
Her regrowth is a 7 so needs lifting one level.
Foils need to go in, they need to be lightened to a very pale yellow and then toned.

Sorry but your original plan is way off and won't end up with a even result.

I appreciate the advice ,
What colours would u use to do this ?
I use wella kp colour house x

Based on the information you have provided and the responses back, what would you think of using now?

Bleach bath the ends to get as much red tone out and to lift 2 levels. Full head foils with 20vol and flood in-between with 8/1 KP

Oh also tone the highlights if need be

Sorry forgot to add - 8/1 with 20vol

So if you give a step by step guide to a colour correction say .... Lift to an orange and use 8/1.... What if it doesn't lift to an orange .... What does the OP do then?

Colour correction has to be worked with as you go. If someone isn't trained in colour correction their is no point giving a formula as above.

The OP's idea was quiet random and no thought process linked to the clients wishes. So unless she suggests something else, any advise is pretty useless.

Surely if she's a 'senior stylist' she's got to have some sort of colour correction theory ?

Maybe not have you read the original post?

Client is a red base 6 wants to be an sandy 8.

So use a 7/1 richesse on it, strand test lifted to and orange and use 10.1 pastel to tone?

Not to be picky but loreal is 7.1 and wella is 10/1 ( I don't even think there is a 7.1 in richesse but don't quote me)

When pointed out where this wasn't going to work, no other suggestion was given.

Personally I don't believe there is any understanding of a colour correction or colour knowledge in this post, so therefore I wouldn't just freely give up a answer.

Who knows. But let's just say the cleanse did lift it a level 8 (warm obviously) then I don't see why the colour suggestion I posted wouldn't work.
This is just a rough idea for people. We don't know what their clients hair is like at all tbh.
Hair is unpredictable, we just have to do our best

Btw- what is 'OP' ? Original post?

Latest posts

Back