Help with custom blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Hi again !

I have been keen to go on an EZFlow on a custon blend course, but funds havnt allowed it yet, what with having to help out Father Christmas again !!! I have carfully watched the CND vids which are helpful but I have also seen a vid that shows custom blends a different way, she sculpts a F/E then pops a custom blend ball onto zone 2 but feathers in towards zone 3 then used a clear ( could have been a transulant pink ?) for zone 3 ?

I have used my EZFlow cover pink but at zone 3 looks awful, like I have stuck a nasty coloured nail on, really false looking, I know I could maybe mix colours but am I doing it correctly in the first place,m any advice would be good.

mix that coverage pink with an equal part of a translucent pink,and do what that video did- use the coverage where you need it, feather it back, then apply the mix with the translucent powder- ALWAYS feather your product to the edges with ANY powder, opaque or translucent! :)

Ah Heather, you beat me to it. :) I do this very thing with a couple of my clients, who like the coverage at the free edge, but want to see their moons. Feathering is a MUST. Keep practicing, and you'll get it!

mix that coverage pink with an equal part of a translucent pink,and do what that video did- use the coverage where you need it, feather it back, then apply the mix with the translucent powder- ALWAYS feather your product to the edges with ANY powder, opaque or translucent! :)

Ah I get it. I have just hilighted the bit I didnt understand then the light bulb flicked on !

so white or colour tip zone 1, cover pink zone 2, then half and half in zone 3 is that right !?

Ah I get it. I have just hilighted the bit I didnt understand then the light bulb flicked on !

so white or colour tip zone 1, cover pink zone 2, then half and half in zone 3 is that right !?

Thats right hun :hug:

Ok so does this mean I need to find another 3 pots to make mixes for all 3 coverage colours ??? Reason why I ask Ive had enough fun of trying to mix up a natural free edge colour lately to use over the whole nail ,and now one of my nail biters in the past has booked in for some nails next week and I was going to do a custom blend on her now as I ve been practicing,now Ive read this Im wondering shall I pre mix all 3 coverage colours before hand or do which ever one I need on the day ?

Latest posts

Back