Help with my ''oily nail'' new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have a new client coming for a gelish manicure on Saturday after a discussion yesterday about her challenging nails

basically she said anything she has had on her nails has just come off quite quickly and after explaining this to a previous tech she said she could have oily nail plates which is what I said

now I love a challenge and as I am fairly new and trying to build a client base I want to take every opportunity of a new booking, however it is a lot of pressure and I know I will be lying awake at night thinking of how its going for her etc etc as I would be on cloud nine if my application was the first to last on her :D

so just wondered if anyone has had success with a new client who has never previously been able to make any nail product last and if so did you do anything different than your usual prep/application

thanks

I've copied and pasted below what Gigi has posted on another thread, hope it helps X

"The oily surface on the nails can be dehydrated gently.

There is no such thing as oily nails (despite people using 'oily nails' an excuse for service breakdown at every opportunity).
Nails do not make oil.
Oil from outside influences can be cleaned off using CND products. "

ok thanks

I was just thinking I am sure I read on here someone used nailfresh in addition to scrubfresh for someone with this problem and it worked well, however I am not 100% if it was these products

Hello. I had a client who used to have acrylics that lifted. She was told that her nails weren't suitable.
I said that we could try Shellac to see how she would go.
After 2 weeks she comes back with her shellac intact. She became a regular, my best client.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

As stated above, not all enhancements or gel polishes etc are suitable for every client. She may not be suited to gel polish. It'll cost her more but ask her to try enhancements with the gel over the top if she's adamant about having gel.
I've got a client that Shellac just doesn't agree with, so now, she just has natural or nude L&P and Shellac over the top :) perfect for 3 weeks at a time! X

PS, didn't address the oily nail bit as I feel it was answered perfectly above :) xx

It might be a good idea to just wait till you see her nails to figure out what you can do to best service her. I know from my own experience that any type of polish, including gel polish, doesn't last long on thin bendy nails (like mine), although yes, I've been also told by other techs that I have "oily nails"-I know that is not true! It's the movement of my nails that makes polish come off easily. If that is the case with her she might benefit from having a bit more strength to her nails, like a gel overlay underneath. It will help her keep her polish on longer.
If it's not the case-well, then you can just make sure to do a proper prep, followed by a proper application, give her proper aftercare instructions and know you did the best you could!

I would try a little structure beneath and see if that helps, I can't see why it wouldn't, but it is trial and error with some clients. Hope you get on ok lovely xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back