Help with new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LydiaUpz

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I had a new client yesterday whom came for Shellac .... She had Gelish on her nails which look nice a applied well by another Tech,
I buffed top coat & then wrapped.. (This lady actually came a week early for her appt by mistake) whilst she was wrapped.. I began my scheduled client..
15 -20 mind later her wraps come off and it's not even budged a little ,, I ended up soaking in a warm easy soak bowl ... The removal took me a hour and when I got to the actual nail .. I have never seen nails so thin in all my 7years...
One nail I was so cautious that I had to leave a small amount of original polish...
I would say her nails were very damaged worst I've seen ...
I advised her to use cuticle oil and opi nail envy as a strengthener & didn't apply Shellac due to my time and nails.. She's back next week and I'm actually nervous on what to do? I'm thinking Brisa lite & Shellac as she's adamant she wants them for her engagement x

Hi geeks
I had a new client yesterday whom came for Shellac .... She had Gelish on her nails which look nice a applied well by another Tech,
I buffed top coat & then wrapped.. (This lady actually came a week early for her appt by mistake) whilst she was wrapped.. I began my scheduled client..
15 -20 mind later her wraps come off and it's not even budged a little ,, I ended up soaking in a warm easy soak bowl ... The removal took me a hour and when I got to the actual nail .. I have never seen nails so thin in all my 7years...
One nail I was so cautious that I had to leave a small amount of original polish...
I would say her nails were very damaged worst I've seen ...
I advised her to use cuticle oil and opi nail envy as a strengthener & didn't apply Shellac due to my time and nails.. She's back next week and I'm actually nervous on what to do? I'm thinking Brisa lite & Shellac as she's adamant she wants them for her engagement x

I don't think it was Gelish, some of the counterfeit brands are an absolute bugger to remove and if the natural nail bed had been roughed up too much prior to application then it would make removal very difficult!

I don't use CND so can't advise on the use of their products, but I'm sure a CND trained nail technician will be able to advise you xx

I'm a CND trained tech.. But these nails are making me shudder... :-/ thanks for your reply xx

I'm a CND trained tech.. But these nails are making me shudder... :-/ thanks for your reply xx

You are welcome, I'm OPI trained and didn't want to give advice on something I know little about.

I had a client in last week for OPI Gel Colour and she was shocked when I didn't drill into the nail plate before application, she said it was also removed that way before too :irked:

I'm really worried that 1. She's disappointed I didn't complete full treatment & 2 next weeks app.. Her nails are so bad xxx :-/

When is her engagement ? Does she mean her party ? Could she have a course of manicures up until then ? Or is her engagement party next week ?I

Hi sorry yes her party is in sat night :-/

Latest posts

Back