Help with price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't put men's hair on my list either lol I don't really want men in my salon :) no offence to anyone :/ have you thought about getting one designed? I'm right now having Carl from verve designs do mine, I already did a vistaprint one but always thought it wasn't very impressive and diddnt give off the right impression, his work is excellent and very reasonable he can do a bundle for £50 which includes a logo design business card & price list design, you ten take that to vistaprint and gt it printed :) it takes the hard work out of trying to use a pc to create one yourself

Happy to help!

I think you could quite easily change it to make it look a bit more current and pretty! A nice font, a warmer background colour and then some tidying up of the actual wording/writing etc would completely transform it.

There are some basic templates on vistaprint that are pretty good and very easy to use and also gives you the opportunity to create or upload your own logo which is good.

Also having a look at other people's price lists can provide inspiration. The other thing id say is personally I'd put the haircut prices on the left side and the colour prices on the right side as then it reads naturally from the left side over to the right side, cheaper to more expensive (and if you do men then definitely include them or people won't think you offer that service!)

Keep at it. These things always take longer than you expect!! Xxx

I don't put men's hair on my list either lol I don't really want men in my salon :) no offence to anyone :/ have you thought about getting one designed? I'm right now having Carl from verve designs do mine, I already did a vistaprint one but always thought it wasn't very impressive and diddnt give off the right impression, his work is excellent and very reasonable he can do a bundle for £50 which includes a logo design business card & price list design, you ten take that to vistaprint and gt it printed :) it takes the hard work out of trying to use a pc to create one yourself

Yes. I did think of that even messaged him on here and looked the website. But his website is very very confusing lol. So I did email him to help me out still haven't heard from him. I really wanted something more elegant. Thank you.

Happy to help!

I think you could quite easily change it to make it look a bit more current and pretty! A nice font, a warmer background colour and then some tidying up of the actual wording/writing etc would completely transform it.

There are some basic templates on vistaprint that are pretty good and very easy to use and also gives you the opportunity to create or upload your own logo which is good.

Also having a look at other people's price lists can provide inspiration. The other thing id say is personally I'd put the haircut prices on the left side and the colour prices on the right side as then it reads naturally from the left side over to the right side, cheaper to more expensive (and if you do men then definitely include them or people won't think you offer that service!)

Keep at it. These things always take longer than you expect!! Xxx

Thanks for the help I will look at it again as I really don't want a cheap price list. Like from pizza lol. I want something better. ;). Will be looking at some more tonight thanks all.

Yes. I did think of that even messaged him on here and looked the website. But his website is very very confusing lol. So I did email him to help me out still haven't heard from him. I really wanted something more elegant. Thank you.

I found his website a bit confusing too I believe he's working on a new one at the mo, give him a polite nudge or message on fb I know he's busy at the mo but maybe he's not seen your mail yet? I do think with those prices you need a nice design to compliment your services :) ms office do also have nice templates if you'd rather do your own

I found his website a bit confusing too I believe he's working on a new one at the mo, give him a polite nudge or message on fb I know he's busy at the mo but maybe he's not seen your mail yet? I do think with those prices you need a nice design to compliment your services :) ms office do also have nice templates if you'd rather do your own

Thank you, to be honest I'd love if someone did it allll for me, lol so yes I'll wait a little more see if he can reply to my message ;). I will also look at Ms office. Thank you. Very much. Will update it once it's all done.

Thank you, to be honest I'd love if someone did it allll for me, lol so yes I'll wait a little more see if he can reply to my message ;). I will also look at Ms office. Thank you. Very much. Will update it once it's all done.

He usually replys within a week so if it's been longer give him a nudge it does state that on his out of office auto reply, I couldn't face staring at the laptop any longer thinking oh god what should I do to make this look better, Best desicion I've made!

He usually replys within a week so if it's been longer give him a nudge it does state that on his out of office auto reply, I couldn't face staring at the laptop any longer thinking oh god what should I do to make this look better, Best desicion I've made!

I'm useless with programs etc. so I could not make it any better I wouldn't know where to start lol

So someone doing it really would be much better. :). Thank you the help.

No offence but, as a client, it would put me off that all the prices are listed as 'from'. Perhaps at the top it could say 'prices start at' :)

So you think if I put price list start at?

as putting from is a lot better as if someone has long hair you can always charge more. those prices is for short to medium length, for long thick hair i can always add more. thats why I decided to put from as my old price list I end up putting 3 different prices for 3 different length so it was way 2 long..

So you think if I put price list start at?

as putting from is a lot better as if someone has long hair you can always charge more. those prices is for short to medium length, for long thick hair i can always add more. thats why I decided to put from as my old price list I end up putting 3 different prices for 3 different length so it was way 2 long..

I have to agree I think putting 'prices from' on everything may put me off a bit. Just because I'd be worried if I came for a cut that you might say at the end 'usually I charge X but as your hair is thick I'm going to have to charge you extra'. (I'm not saying that's how you'd do it but just as an example)

Wouldn't it be better to charge one price for a trim (all lengths) and one price for a restyle (all lengths) and then if someone comes very regularly and you know it's a quick cut to charge them a bit less as a reward for frequent visits.

Just a constructive suggestion though, do what works for you! :)

I have to agree I think putting 'prices from' on everything may put me off a bit. Just because I'd be worried if I came for a cut that you might say at the end 'usually I charge X but as your hair is thick I'm going to have to charge you extra'. (I'm not saying that's how you'd do it but just as an example)

Wouldn't it be better to charge one price for a trim (all lengths) and one price for a restyle (all lengths) and then if someone comes very regularly and you know it's a quick cut to charge them a bit less as a reward for frequent visits.

Just a constructive suggestion though, do what works for you! :)

Cuts most of them I charge the same for long or short. I just did out from. On cuts. As I did used from on everything else thought it would be a bit weird to leave one or two without the from?

Cuts most of them I charge the same for long or short. I just did out from. On cuts. As I did used from on everything else thought it would be a bit weird to leave one or two without the from?

I also might make some loyalty card.

If anyone have price list and wouldn't mind sharing it with me. To get ideas. Would be great thanks.

But then likewise with your other treatments e.g. foils why would it ever be a varied price? Could you not charge a set price for full head, half head and t-section and then charge a bit less to a client who has very short hair (just say 'as your treatment will take me half the time I'll charge you 20% less' or something) or if someone say books in a half head but wants extra just say o.k that's actually a full head so will cost X

But then likewise with your other treatments e.g. foils why would it ever be a varied price? Could you not charge a set price for full head, half head and t-section and then charge a bit less to a client who has very short hair (just say 'as your treatment will take me half the time I'll charge you 20% less' or something) or if someone say books in a half head but wants extra just say o.k that's actually a full head so will cost X

But then if you out on the pricelist the most expensive which would be say for example 120 for full head foils, people will be put off and think 'I'm not paying that my hairs short' or 'I've hardly got any hair'

Also, out of curiosity, what is hair botox?! (I'm not a hair geek and have never heard of it so would love to know!!)

But then if you out on the pricelist the most expensive which would be say for example 120 for full head foils, people will be put off and think 'I'm not paying that my hairs short' or 'I've hardly got any hair'

I suppose but then surely you'd balance it somewhere in between and know that a few clients may take a bit of extra time/product as they have exceptionally thick hair but on the flip side some clients may have thinner/shorter hair so will take less time/product.

So for example I wouldn't charge less for a manicure if a client only wanted their nails buffed at the end, nor would I charge more for a layer of glitter polish on top of a normal colour. I would charge extra for nail art as it's an additional service though.

These are all just ideas - of course it's up to the OP what works for them and their clients! :)

Also, out of curiosity, what is hair botox?! (I'm not a hair geek and have never heard of it so would love to know!!)

It's just all sooooo confusing. ;(. I need to see others price list lol.

Hair Botox it's similar to a Brazilian blow out. But it's mainly thing is to restore the hair from chemical damage. So mainly to treat it deep ;).

I'm going crazy with this price list lol.

It's just all sooooo confusing. ;(. I need to see others price list lol.

Hair Botox it's similar to a Brazilian blow out. But it's mainly thing is to restore the hair from chemical damage. So mainly to treat it deep ;).

I'm going crazy with this price list lol.

Haha I don't blame you! I went crazy with mine and then have gone crazy every time I've had to get a loyalty card/leaflet printed etc too! Argh!

Why not google some salons (local and elsewhere) and check out their price lists? See what you like best and what appeals to you and go from there :)

Latest posts

Back