Help with tanning solution and equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am brand new to this and after some help please!! I am going to be working from home I have created a beauty room I just need to start using it!!!!

I have done my spray tanning course which was great but I need help on tanning solution, tent, machine etc there are so many I don't know where to start! Do I need an extractor?
Any advice would be fab!!!

Thank you all so much in advance :)

Leanne xx

Did you not get your equipment when you did your course? Decide on a tanning brand and then get equipment through them. They might do a deal. Just ring up a few and have samples sent to you. Once you know which one you like go with that one.

Hope you have got your beauty room sorted.
You will need some sort of ventilation as there will be overspray especially if you do a lot of spray tanning. An extractor will get rid of around 80/90% of overspray but as the spray mist is so fine you not get rid of it all. You will need to turn your spray gun right down and only use around 40/60mls of solution per spray tan as it is better to do a few thin coats than one thick one. Turning the flow down will give a better tan and save your profit being washed down the plug hole!
Wishing you every success in your new venture. Happy Spraying!

With regard to which brand to go for, there's no right or wrong answer as there are plenty of excellent brands out there and it really is down to personal preference. One thing I would definitely recommend though is to go for a professional only brand and buy from a reputable supplier (i.e., not EBay!)

If you type into the search bar, or even just scroll through recent previous threads under Tanning you'll find a wealth of information regarding which machines to buy and pros and cons of specific Tan solutions and so much else, which I'm sure will help you narrow it down a bit.

Once youve got a couple of brands in mind and if you still haven't got your machine/tent etc you might also consider having a few trial spray tans done on yourself by a salon/tech that uses those brands so you can see how they apply/wear etc. I did that as I didn't really like the solution I trained with. (In fact I have done 2 separate courses over the years but don't use either of those brands!)

Good luck with your new business ! X

Latest posts

Back