Help with tanning tent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonavitch

Reaction score
HI

Thought it funny at first but 8 hours later and with 12 people trying to help put the thing back in the bag it came in still no joy have looked up and followed one of the girls instructions on salon geek but still to no joy my boyfriend and his friends also tried to no avail then the neighbours got involved, I suppose you can see the funny side but at the same time you start thinking we must all be thick, because not one of us has managed it. We have got it flat that was the easy bit but getting it small enough to put it back in the bag well thats .......... frustrating I'm pleading is it me or has anyone else had problems and will I ever get it back in the bag

Yvonne

It did take me a while to suss it out but once you get it to go once then it becomes far easier.

Not sure what instructions you have been given but if you fold the sides in so it is flat, then curl the top in towards the bottom and as it curls in then fold the sides in and it should fold into the circle for you.

It is very difficult to describe how to do it - shame you arent more local for me to show. Perhaps there are some local geeks to you than can help.

thanks for that I will keep trying. I've given up at the moment and its laying on the living room floor

Yvonne

Hi what tent have u got? i had this problem with one i got from ebay needless to say it is now broken ad out of shape and wasted money on it. So i got a new one from sienna x (spray tan cubicle co) it comes with instructions so was easier.
1- Fold so it looks like a book (flat)
2- Take it so you have the extracter cubicle facing the ceiling and have the bottom of the tent in your hands
3- push the top of the tent against something sturdy ie: wall
4- push the bottom towards the top so it starts to form a u-shape
5- when it starts to fold get hold of both sides and push them together to form a circle
6- fold the circle under and it should make the tent go down into a circle big enough to go back in the bag.

Hope that helps i tried to describe the best i could
I does take practise but once you get it you will laugh at how easy it actually is. Let us know how u get on:green:

Oh I remember those days well - how I didn't rip the darn thing to bits I'll never know - then one day PeterPan came and she had it down in seconds :eek: how I still don't know!

Still to this day I haven't managed to tame the beast known as the tanning tent :lol:

Oh I remember those days well - how I didn't rip the darn thing to bits I'll never know - then one day PeterPan came and she had it down in seconds :eek: how I still don't know!

Still to this day I haven't managed to tame the beast known as the tanning tent :lol:
LOL, the first tent i had i said i would fit it in the bag by chopping it up into pieces. But when i did my sienna trainng we were shown AND had to put it down before leaving the training:lol:

Ha ha this brought back great memories!! took me well at least 2 days to get mine down the first time now i can do it in 2 secs!! the problem might be that the metal frames inside have twisted this is a right pain and only my husband seems to be able to get me out of that fix but that doesnt happen often. Fold the tent flat like you have. Lay it on the floor with the top of the tent against a door(make sure the opening bits are on the right hand side) put your right foot over the middle edge and lift the base towards the top when it starts to bend in half you have to twist it and it kind of folds into a circle youll get the hang of it just keep at it!! let us know if you manage it.:rolleyes:xx

Hello

Thanks for all your responses and help, managed it in the end with a few pounds lost I hope - as sweated a lot - managed to find info on you tube now can understand what I was doing wrong and the instructions which came with it well it make ikea look good.

Yvonne

I went out and did my first mobile spray tan and all went well until I had to pack away my tent.

They had a laminate floor and every time I tried to fold it, it slipped across the floor - I spent half an hour chasing it round that kitchen. I still break out in a sweat when I think about it:)

Sorry but it did make me alugh, my friend bought a new tent at the weekend and it took us over an hour to get thr flipping thing to bend and move. Its a case of once you can do it keep doing it to train your tent x

sorry geeks but this made me laugh

I can just imagine you all getting well angry and nearly breaking the tent

you are all very patient, I probably would have given up and put it in the bin

the bloody thing wouldnt fit in the bin untill you got it down!!!! haha:lol:

I did exactly the same thing when i got my tent! I didnt take much notice of how it undid, so when i went to put it back flat, i ended up having to google to find a video! took me longer to find the video than it did to put it down!

HI

Thought it funny at first but 8 hours later and with 12 people trying to help put the thing back in the bag it came in still no joy have looked up and followed one of the girls instructions on salon geek but still to no joy my boyfriend and his friends also tried to no avail then the neighbours got involved, I suppose you can see the funny side but at the same time you start thinking we must all be thick, because not one of us has managed it. We have got it flat that was the easy bit but getting it small enough to put it back in the bag well thats .......... frustrating I'm pleading is it me or has anyone else had problems and will I ever get it back in the bag

Yvonne

this made me laff, cos the first time i tried to get one of these damm things back in its bag, it wasnt a funny site, i had my legs in all positions trying to hold down the thing, picture it - tent is flat. i rolled it over into a sausage shape, (nice and tight then had to place one foot on end to stop it sliding on laminated floor, then folded ends in....................bamm. it sprang back up, it took me 45 mins the first time i tried it, the client thought it was hilarious, she said to me, "so this is the quick fold away tent" then fell about laffing. i have to admit, it makes good viewing for "youve been framed"

oooo just seen that video - think ill have to add that to my faves, - mine didnt go down THAT QUICK

i remember the first time i took mine to a clients , i ended yp squishing it in the car the best i could and driing home with it sticking out everywhere :lol: hubby can do it straight away but i hate it with a passion, its now up permanently in my treatments room :green:

Latest posts

Back