Help with this client issue please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
So i have a client who usually comes in for an eye package every month and on special occasions for Gelish manicures, ie weddings, easter & Christmas.
Last year, 3 or 4 days before Christmas I did her Gelish mani and she was happy. I advised her of aftercare etc as i had smelt bleach of her hands before i started, so reminded her that if she was cleaning etc to wear gloves, and not to subject her nails to harsh chemicals. On Christmas Eve she contacted me to say she had been cleaning and chipped 2 nails and could i fit her in. I work on my own and at Christmas I literally have no space unless i get a cancellation, but i said yes and used my lunch break to do it.
On Thursday past she again got her Christmas mani, all good again, then today she contacts me again saying she was cleaning etc and can i fit her in!!👀
My advice is not being listened to and im swamped with my other clients. What should I do?

Does she pay you for new gelish?

Don't do it, you bent over backwards before and it obviously made no difference. Give her your earliest app free after Christmas, no creating time just the first app you have x

Oh and I would charge £3 per nail I had to repair ;) I always give clients an aftercare advice sheet and it states repairs are chargeable. Prevents people not taking the proper care ;) xxx

I'd say no and give the first available appointment after Xmas - I've had to do this with 2 people this year, one fell, the other has her's longer than advised but I packed up to finish on Saturday and wasn't starting work again.

If people are loyal, they'll be loyal regardless and understand we have other clients & a life :)

Thank you all. I didnt get a cancellation, and couldnt fit her in. I will contact her after Christmas and see what happens :)

Latest posts

Back