HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

easypeasy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just purchased the try me kit Fabric#. Can anyone tell me how do you do a rebalance with this? do you apply more fabric?
Posted this in a topic earlier fibreglass and Geeg mentioned something about Fabric# . did not get a reply i think maybe noone saw this,
(hence this post)
Thanks you guys :?
easypeasy

Right babe, here are the rebalance instructions written by Geeg.
So I copied and pasted them for you in here..............

Rebalancing with fabric#

Here are the rebalance techniques for Fabric# wraps.

REBALANCE TECHNIQUES FOR ‘FABRIC’ WRAPS

There are two types of Rebalance when maintaining a wrap.

The “Problem Free” Rebalance and
The “Curative” Rebalance

A normal appointment is usually a mixture of both! Each nail must be considered separately. Is it ‘problem free’ OR will you have to ‘cure’ a problem?

Clients who are always experiencing problems with their enhancements are seldom long-term clients.

At every appointment, the technician should be maintaining the enhancements with a mind towards preventing future problems. Prevention will help to avoid the situation whereby every appointment is about curing problems.

If the client returns to the salon in a timely manner with her nail enhancements intact and with no problems, then it is normally only necessary to ‘re-seal and glaze’ at the first and every other subsequent appointment.

‘Re-wrapping’ to maintain strength over the stress area should only be necessary at every other Re-balance appointment.

Whether one is ‘re-glazing’ OR ‘re-wrapping’, the guidelines below should always be followed.

REBALANCE GUIDELINES

1. Remove any enamel.
2. Assess each and every nail, zone by zone, and be VIGILANT.

Zone 1:

ü Watch for any separation along the sides or end of the tip extension.

ü Look at how the length or direction of nail growth has changed.

ü Look for any cracks or breaks.

ü Check side view to see how far the ‘apex’ has grown out.

Zone 2:

ü Check to see if there is lifting at the sidewall.

ü Check for any cracks or breaks

ü Check carefully for ‘pocket lifting’, which can be caused by the nail being bent and the product popping off the nail plate, leaving a pocket. Pocket lifting appears to be a bit lighter in colour and to look like a large bubble under the overlay.

Zone 3:

ü Check for lifting

ü Observe the amount of new growth.

Each and every problem observed MUST be corrected during the rebalance.

3. Prepare The Nails For Rebalancing

a. Shorten the length of all nails and reshape.

b. Thin out the entire enhancement and

c. Thin out all the edges removing any small lifted areas with the file making sure the product left, is flush to the nail.

d. Make sure the grown out stress area has been thinned down sufficiently to re-build it.

e. If there is a crack - Thin all product around the crack and carve a ‘v’ into the crack to remove it, making sure you get right down to the nail plate.

f. If ‘pocket lifting’ is seen - Thin any area of ‘pocket lift’ until the separated product flakes away and a new seal is found.

g. Prepare the nail plate using the P.R.E.P. method and make certain that ScrubFreshÔ is concentrated around all the nail folds to eliminate any hidden oils and pathogens.

4. If the enhancement is ‘problem free, proceed as follows:

FOR A RE-GLAZE ON A PROBLEM FREE NAIL:

a. Using the brush-on ‘Bond’ – apply a thin coat over the entire enhancement re-sealing all edges including sides and the free edge of the tip. Let dry.

b. Using either brush-on or nozzle applicator, apply one coat of ‘Build’ and spray a fine mist of ‘Blast’ Activator to dry.

c. Apply a small bead of ‘Boost’ and use Boost Brush-on Activator to set. Remember to wipe the brush on a bit of terry towel before returning it to the bottle of Boost Activator.

d. Finish to a high gloss shine.

FOR A RE-WRAP ON ANY PREPARED NAIL

a. Using the brush-on ‘Bond’ – apply a thin coat over the entire enhancement re-sealing all edges including sides and free edge of the tip. Let dry.

b. Apply a strip of ‘Fabric’ wrap (either silk or fibreglass) from cuticle to tip.

c. Using the brush-on ‘Bond’ – apply a thin coat slowly and carefully over the fabric to make it disappear. Let dry for 1 minute.

d. Using either brush-on or nozzle applicator, apply one coat of ‘Build’ and spray a fine mist of ‘Blast’ Activator to dry.

e. Apply a small bead of ‘Boost’ and use Boost Brush-on Activator to set. Remember to wipe the brush on a bit of terry towel before returning to the bottle of Boost Activator.

f. Finish to a high gloss shine.

HELPFUL HINTS:

Did you know?

If the surface of the finished nail has any ‘low’ spots – one or two coats of ‘Boost’ will quickly even the surface and add high gloss shine. Using Boost reduces buffing time.

If you want maximum-strength wraps that are as strong as an acrylic liquid and powder enhancement, use ‘Bond’, ‘Build’ AND ‘Boost’. ‘Boost’ is the strength booster and nails will not be as strong without it.

Want your toenails or natural nails to look as smooth as enhanced nails? Just PREP and add one coat of ‘Bond’ and ‘Boost’. This will give a light weight coat that will make natural nails not only look fabulous BUT polish will last for weeks without wearing off.

Using Boost adds a permanent hard glossy shine that does not dull when enamel is removed.

Use the ‘Girlfriend’ three-way padded buffer to make your ‘fabric#’ wraps look like the finest crystal.

So hope this helps you
love Ruth xxxxxxx

Thankyou so much for that Ruth,
I will print this out and keep it with me until i am perfect at this wrap buisness lol.
Will let everyone know how i progress.
thanks again.
easypeasy :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back