Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hol529

Reaction score
Hi Guy,
I need some advice, I have a client who has been coming to me for a while, she has got a new job in a ladies fashion shop as a stock replenisher. Since she has been working her nails has been battered everytime she comes for a fill, and i more often than not i have to soak them off and put a new set on! The tips are always split from the tip and the shape has completely gone.

I have used white tips in the past, but last time done a tip and overlay, thinking they would be stronger, but no they are still the same. I dont know what else to do or offer her.
Please anyone with any advice would great

if she were my client i would be keeping them short..try sculpts (they are stronger) get her back every two weeks on the dot..and emphasize to her that nails are "jewels not tools". they are not indestructable..just like her own nails. hope you are charging for any broken?

I have never thought of sculpting because her natural nails are short and i don't think i would get a form on them. A nd i don't charge her for her breaks because she has been with me since i was training, I am going mobile soon and all my prices will be going up.
Thanks for the advice x

Is she a typist because my enhancements do this when im teaching because i use the end of my nails to hit the keys on the computer

Hi ya

Assume you are doing L & P. There was a thread on here within the last 10 days about extending bitten nails with liquid and powder or gel both different techniques but really helpful. With Bio gel you can do a "double silk sculpt" on bitten nails. With L & P you can extend the natural nail creating a smile line then building up your free edge under a form from there. Looks really good because you get a really good smile line.

Soz can't remember who posted but might be under tutorials. There was also a really good tutorial on a website one of the geeks mentioned about 3 days ago. Can you help me out other geeks??

When I find it I will let you know

Charlotte

Her job is one of the hardest jobs on the nails there is!! Young mums too who are always doing up kids clothes and using push chairs etc. As advised, keep them short and manageable or else she will pay the price for having them the wrong length for the life she is leading. Unfortunately at the moment, you are paying the price for the lifestyle she is leading.

I have never thought of sculpting because her natural nails are short and i don't think i would get a form on them. A nd i don't charge her for her breaks because she has been with me since i was training, I am going mobile soon and all my prices will be going up.
Thanks for the advice x
I have found through experience that if you don't charge for breakages your clients will not look after their nails, why should they?
I used to do it myself, thinking they wouldn't come back if I charged them for breakages. How wrong I was!!!. Now that I DO charge them, they come back, yes they come back and with well maintained enhancements.
good luck

Thanks everyone for all your advice, i will keep you posted on how i get on.

Latest posts

Back