helpn with training options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossatron

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advise regarding nail training. I know nothing about the different qualifications that can be gained but i am looking for the best one to become a mobile nail technician. I have been looking at a 6 day course where i gain an NCB certificate, can anyone tell me is this sufficient? They tell me that it is recognised with insurers. It covers acrylic, gel or uv acrylic and sculptured. Also would anyone know of the best place to train the northwest? I live in CHester. Thankyou, would appreciate any help.

The first place to start is your local council, find out if they have any special requirements for nail qualifications. Then check your insurance company, ask the same. Some insist on a vctc, ihbc or nvq, some just accept a 2 day product cert!

Then decide if you want private or local college training, check out all options and ask costs, times, what you learn etc.

You should ask;
Does it inc anatomy?
Does it inc health and safety ie coshh?
Who is teaching you, are they qualified and experienced?
What systems do they cover?
Does it inc rebalence, aftercare and removal training?
What sort of back up and support do they offer?
Is is a product cert or an official qualification you will get?
How many students on the course?

And lots more!!!

As most geeks will agree, you can spend hundreds of pounds on training that can turn out to be useless. Take your time before spending any money! Browse through pro nails or scratch and ask at least 5 companies before making your final choice.

Hope that helps!

Also go to search on this site and put in education. It has been discussed loads and you will find plenty of information from those who have been there and done it. Many have been very disappointed .. some have spent quantities of money only to find that they wish they had gone straight to the company of their choice.

You should ask;
Does it inc anatomy?
Does it inc health and safety ie coshh?
Who is teaching you, are they qualified and experienced?
What systems do they cover?
Does it inc rebalence, aftercare and removal training?
What sort of back up and support do they offer?
Is is a product cert or an official qualification you will get?
How many students on the course?

Hiya, i did my training with Creative it was the Brisa four day foundation and it gave me all of the above, some companies needed for you to have a manicure cert b4 you could attend the course, and i couldnt get that booked in time for the course, so with Creative's training being all in it was fab for me, also with having 3 children and a part time job, college was out of the question.
I just rang all the companies offering training, they sent me info, then looked at what they were offering and how much, then read alot on here about the different companies then made my choice.
Now that i have done the Brisa four day foundation its a easy step over to do other courses in l&p etc and cheeper as it only the conversion that i need.

Good luck in making your choice I think alot has to do with your circumstances and commitments, but i would def give Creative a call they are so helpful.

xxx

Thankyou for your help, much appreciated. Looked on Creative's website and they have academy's close to me so i will be in touch with them asap. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back