Hen party charge please help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondrai

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am salon based and a client phoned to ask if I would be willing to do manicure/ pedicures for about 10 at some-ones home on a saturday evening.

They want two therapists and I am thinking it would be more practical to do mini-manicure/mini pedicure. The guests would have a choice of one treatment.

Please tell me what you would charge for this kind of job.
Would be very grateful.

Thank you x

Hi

I did one of these recently and charged £9.95 each for mini mani's or pedi's. However, I did not feel this was enough. A more realistic charge would be £14.95 each.

Also offered hand/arm massages and foot/leg massages at £4.95 each, again feel these should have been £7.50 each.

Hope this helps.

Why dont you charge by the hour.you could be there all night!!! good luck with that one. would they not like spray tans instead!!

I have had this request many times especially at this time of the year and I always charge by the hour. I have also asked my friends who are also beauty therapists to help out.

Hi, I have loads of hen parties lined up at the moment!!
I scale my treatments down to 15 minutes each, and offer mini manicures, mini pedicures, eyebrow threading, and mini back massages for £10 each. Means I can take around £40 an hour, and see as many people as possible! I also offer spray tanning for £20 (Instead of the usual £25), and the hostess of the party usually gets a free mini treatment too.
I find this covers all my bases, but say I can always accommodate other requests if people have them (I'm doing mini reflexology treatments at the next party; nice way to introduce people to something they've never had before).
Hope that helps a little!

Hello

I do these all the time with a friend.

I ask the host how long the party is to last for, and work the treatments around that also if she is having other entertainment.

Then I charge party prices I do stipulate that these prices are because it is a party.

Ususally we do 2 treatments for £45.00 depending on what they want but the client can choose from a selection of treatments we sent the booking form to the host and she gets everyones treatment then I work a rota which works.. eg man/pedicure, facials, back massage or spray tan parties.

Then we make a roate up so that everyperson has at least one treatment before their next one starts that lets them talk and eat.....

If as you say there are 10 people going then I would do the brides treatment for free it makes her feel special for her upcoming day.

Many thanks for all your responses. :) x x x

I've done a couple of these & put together a series of half hour treatments such as mini-manicures, pedicures, back massages, Indian head massage & express facials with a set charge for each half hour appointment. Then I ask them for a list of who's having what & get them to fill the name & what they're having into a chart with blank spaces for each 30 min appointment so I can make sure I know what to take etc. Make sure you charge into it travel cost & set-up/clean-up time, and take your appointment book in case they want follow on appointments! I tend to charge £15 to £20 per half hour.

Hiya

All great advice! The only thing I'd be tempted to do is make sure you get everyone's contact details. As these could turn out to be 10 new clients! So, after the party, you can send them a letter to get them back to your salon. :)

P.S and ask for a deposit.....although experience has taught me clients dont take kindly to this....and you never hear from them again! until the last minute.

Latest posts

Back