Herbalife

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodacious

Reaction score
anyone else doing on done this diet. I am on day three and feeling quite good about things. The cappacino shake is fabbarooni

I have tried the roasted soyabeans today and they are fab, very much lieka peanut and sorts out your craving for a slaty snack which has stopped me from stuffing my face with some crisps!

Hi,

I think I have tried every fad diet known to man kind and yes they do work, but as soon as you return to normal food you havent really learnt anything about eating a balanced diet and bang the weight goes straight back on.

I know this is going to sound really boring but the only way to loose weight and stay slim for life, is to eat a well balanced healthy diet.

I am now with slimming world and have lost my weight, and I know I will keep it off for good, I have learnt the importance of three meals a day, where you can either have lots of protien (meat, eggs etc) and a small amount of carbohydrates (potatoes, rice etc), or if you prefer lots of carbohydrates (potatoes, pasta etc) and a small amount of protien (meat, eggs etc) unlimited fruit and veg etc, and how to eat without feeling guilty and really enjoy food, you really can eat every food under the sun, (no food is bad for you if eaten in moderation.

It might sound boring but it is a life style thing, fad diets are a quick fix, doomed to failure and trust me you will be a commited dieter for life, where as with boring old healthy eating you can stay slim for life and bin the diet sheets, its all about educating yourself about how food works.

Sorry I will get of my soap box now.

Cheers
Claire x

P.s there is a fantastic book by Richard Simmons called never say diet and it is such a good inspirational read.

I've tried this diet too and it did work i lost 4 kg in one week but then continued for a hole month and didn't loose another gram, so i was very discoraged and didn't follow the rest of the diet. As soon as i stopped i gained all the weight i had lost, but maybe if i did the maintenace they sugest i might of maintained the weight.

I do know all the stuff about healty eatinga nd that but my willpower is very poor when it comes to food, so even though I start well I can never keep it up.

If I do something that is simple where I know whatis for breakfast and then lunch then it works. I tend not to stray half as much if I dont have to think about at least 2 meals, (I know I am weak...LOL)

I weighed myslef today and it seems that I have lost 5lb allready, I am aiming for at least half a stone to a stone by the middle of august

Good luck in losing your weight, but be careful especially if it comes off fast. When that happens it usually means you will gain it back just as quick and then some. I also do slimming world and have to say it doesn't feel like a diet any more, its a way of life, which is what you really need to do.

Just be careful and make sure you are getting vitamins etc. Hope it happens for oyu.

Hi Bodacious. I have this great cartoon book about "Ziggy" called "it's not willpower I need, it's won't power"- with great lines like "I'm a very light eater ... when it gets light ... I start eating." , "About the only time losing is more fun than winning .. is when you're fighting temptation" (sat in front of huge ice cream)","Ireally should join an athletic club or something ... if it wasn't for wrestling with my conscience ... I'd get no exercise at all", "if the Lord had meant us to be thin, he wouldn't have created pizza" "this diet will be a lot easier to follow if you think of yourself as a bunny rabbit!", "I'm on a seafood diet ... when I see food, I eat it!!" and my favourite "DIET is just die with a T"!!!
Bodacious said:
I do know all the stuff about healty eatinga nd that but my willpower is very poor when it comes to food, so even though I start well I can never keep it up.

If I do something that is simple where I know whatis for breakfast and then lunch then it works. I tend not to stray half as much if I dont have to think about at least 2 meals, (I know I am weak...LOL)

I weighed myslef today and it seems that I have lost 5lb allready, I am aiming for at least half a stone to a stone by the middle of august

Excellent Sarah, I love those daft quotes

Latest posts

Back