Hi, newly qualified and a bit confused, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mason

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just got qualified on Level 2 & 3 Beauty Therapy. I am a bit confused, meaning don't know what to do.
I would like to go mobile, but not sure if it's a money making business:confused: I would appreciate and take in any advice.

Thank you in advance, Sara

Hi Sara and welcome to the site:hug:

Welcome to salongeek Sara :hug:

Hi sara, welcome xx

Hiya Sara, welcome to salongeek.

Hi Sarah,
It's a little tricky to answer as it depends how much you want to be earning. I have worked mobile on and off around having kids for a few years.
I set back up a year ago, I work a couple of mornings a week and four evenings on average. Do the odd pamper party etc. But I earn about 150 on average I guess a week. Depends, some times more sometimes less.
If I could work more hours I could earn more. But this takes time to build up.
In my opinion its a great bussiness and makes money. But like any business you set up on your own, you cant guarentee what will happen.
It can depend on your area how you advertise, all sorts of things.
I absolutely love being mobile. So I personally would say go for it, and good luck hun.:hug:x

Thank you for your warm welcome guys xxx

Thanks for the advice ukfaye, I really appreciate it dear. xxxx

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Salon Geek - you will soon be hooked! :lol:

Congratulations on completing you level 2 & 3!

Answering your question, my best advice would be to work in a salon/spa for someone to build up experiance, speed (waxing), confidence, etc for a while (at least a year) then take it from there.
You will also be able to go on trainning learning more treatments/ product ranges etc.

Hope that helps

Love Emma xx

Hi Sara,

Welcome to Salon Geek - you will soon be hooked! :lol:

Congratulations on completing you level 2 & 3!

Answering your question, my best advice would be to work in a salon/spa for someone to build up experiance, speed (waxing), confidence, etc for a while (at least a year) then take it from there.
You will also be able to go on trainning learning more treatments/ product ranges etc.

Hope that helps

Love Emma xx

I totally agree with Emma. You hould try and get as much experience in salons as you can before you go it alone. Also it gives you a chance to build up on your clients as it's really hard starting from scratch. At least working for someone else to begin with, you will be getting paid while you build up.
Looking to the future, definatley go mobile if it's still what you want, it is great being your own boss and you can manage your clients around your home life ect.

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back