High eponychium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I had a client today and her eponychium was quite high up her nail on her middle fingers. I didnt want to do anythin to it in case I damaged the eponychium but it looks like I have left a gap. Whats best to do with this? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks,

I had a client today and her eponychium was quite high up her nail on her middle fingers. I didnt want to do anythin to it in case I damaged the eponychium but it looks like I have left a gap. Whats best to do with this? Xxx

It is fine to soften and push the eponychium back a little at each appointment ... Just be careful not to push it beyond where it naturally wants to be.

Over time and with daily use of Solar Oil, you will be able to increase the size of the nail plate little by little to come into line with the rest of the nails and give a nicer appearance.

Hi, I find a couple of mine grow up my nail plate, I soften them and push them back slightly xx

Thanks it was her first time with me if she comes back I will tell her that I will need to work on it each time. I tried pushing it a little but it didnt seem to want to move so I didnt try anymore. But each visit hopefully it would move a little. Least I know for future. Maybe some cuticle eraser as well? Xxx

Absolutely cuticle eraser and tell her that whenever she dries her hands she should use the towel to push back on that eponychium and that will help too.

My mother in law had the same when she first started coming to me, but on her 2nd visit 2 weeks later with solar oil and massage a few times a day, I didn't recognise her nails, amazing transformation.

I had one clients eponychium just like this & they were so incredibly difficult to work down. (Regardless of her using Solar oil twice a day). Every visit they would be just as high up the nail as ever & I could never work them down, until one time she had a conditioning treatment upon her hands. They were wrapped & thoroughly given the works.

I was really chuft to find that not only was I able to work her eponychiums right down to where they should sit, that whats more her Bio Sculpture Gels had not lifted at all ... (Yes I was shocked !)

My nails also had quite thick skin at the eponychium ... Using Solar oil for just a couple of weeks, made them shrink and become the nice fine line and soft skin they should be. Now they look like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 274
My niece had the same problem. She has been coming every 2 weeks, lashings of oil and she is now the proud owner of beautiful nails ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401096819.568415.jpg

Latest posts

Back