Highlift tints again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
Hi all, I asked a question about high lift wella blondes before,
I've done a strand test with 12/11 and 12% and it lifted my base of 6 to a nice 'golden' light brown!( no bright clean blonde in sight) I guess its bleach you all use for the proper blonde highlights!

So on my clients hair, if I do three colours - a 6, 12/11 or similar and bleach foils, would I have to put a toner all over afterwards to try and bring brassy tones down a bit? - I'm so rubbish at colours and with no-one else to watch now I'm on my own! - client happens to be a good friend.

give me cuts and perms - so easy!

thanks friends.
Penny.

Hi all, I asked a question about high lift wella blondes before,
I've done a strand test with 12/11 and 12% and it lifted my base of 6 to a nice 'golden' light brown!( no bright clean blonde in sight) I guess its bleach you all use for the proper blonde highlights!

So on my clients hair, if I do three colours - a 6, 12/11 or similar and bleach foils, would I have to put a toner all over afterwards to try and bring brassy tones down a bit? - I'm so rubbish at colours and with no-one else to watch now I'm on my own! - client happens to be a good friend.

give me cuts and perms - so easy!

thanks friends.
Penny.

Hi well a base 6 tint on a natural base 6 wouldn't do much at all unless you were adding red tones

also 12/11 with 12% mixed + 2 ratio .... should easily get rid of those brassy tones on a natural base 6 .... just make sure its left on long enough for the toner to kick in

for a cleaner creamy blonde on a natural base 6
use powder bleach with 6% for the rest of the foils
and if your slow start with 3%
then step up to 6% toward the end :) hth minky

tigi do a range of highlift for stubborn hair that wont lift without bleach,the brunnette highlift series. .they are called 50/77. . they have a high dose of ash in them to counteract the natural warmth of sum hair types. they are designed to give a non warm caramelly highlight and will lift 4.5 shades, so u can get a 6 to a 10 but due to the extra ash it will come out nice. jus a suggestion and u cud alternate wth bleach! x

Thanks guys, the 6 was because her previous colourist has put way too many highlights in and the mid lengths/ends are practicaly all blonde, her hair is only mid length layered - should I use a 6 with some red in it? she hates anything 'warm' so I don't want to risk it being orangy BUT I realise it may be a little green??
I may look into the tigi colour,I am slow and tints are safer but I have the blondor bleach which is supposed to slow down after a set time? I feel another trip to aston and fincher coming on.
I'm such a ninny - sorry to bother all you clever ones!:o

ScottyDolly,
I just checked wholesalers and 50/77 is ultra intense ash brown - did you mean this or 100/77 which is ultra intense ash blonde? thanks :D

Just lower the volume peroxide you use with the bleach.If you use 10 vol it will be slow enough for the tints to lift up before removal.

If you are worried about the 6 on its own, add an inch of 6.34 (majirel) to it. That way it will still be predominantly neutral.

I shouldnt think you need to tone i use that combination quite alot . Base 6 's are funny things they have alot of hidden warmth and i would expect it to come through a little even with an ash tone , but that little bit of warmth works well with the skin tone in hi-lites , youd never walk by and think omg someone with yellow hair as it comes up softer.
Can i also just say , make sure the warmish lvl 6 is used with low peroxide as it may throw off a lot of warmth from the root if it lifts even 1 lvl on a 6

no i was suggesting the 50 range as a second colour if u intend to use bleach. if her hairr has been tinted a highlift will struggle to break through at the best of times though remember, the 100 range to create very bright blondes on my clients but this is on virgin hair. x

dont be worried to use bleach , just be vigilant in case it swells x

Thanks guys, the 6 was because her previous colourist has put way too many highlights in and the mid lengths/ends are practicaly all blonde, her hair is only mid length layered - should I use a 6 with some red in it? she hates anything 'warm' so I don't want to risk it being orangy BUT I realise it may be a little green??
I may look into the tigi colour,I am slow and tints are safer but I have the blondor bleach which is supposed to slow down after a set time? I feel another trip to aston and fincher coming on.
I'm such a ninny - sorry to bother all you clever ones!:o

i would use with 6/07 if your using wella koleston you could also use 66/07 from the colour touch range. this will give you the warmth you need if going over blonde, but it doesnt throw off to much warmth..i use this alot to break up highlighted hair and to low light...
12/11 tends to only slightly throw off glow when you do a full head...its a great colour for lowlights especially on a natural base 6 as us base 6's throw off a lot of warmth we dodnt know we had..lol
bleach...i have played it safe and tend to use meche bleach systems like wella blondor and clynols go blonde meche (love it makes me feel safe) but i have started using bleach i use 3 % if i am doing a full head woven and then going up to a 6% when i do the front..i am not quick enough weaving so bleach does scare me a tad..lol.

no i was suggesting the 50 range as a second colour if u intend to use bleach. if her hairr has been tinted a highlift will struggle to break through at the best of times though remember, the 100 range to create very bright blondes on my clients but this is on virgin hair. x

do you think the highlift blonde 100/77 on virgin 5 or 6 could ever replace a bleach? ie lift to a ashy 10 ish ( ish is always a good term when colouring!!):D
Pen.

highlift will never be as bright as a bleach cud but depending on natural base then it can get quite close. . one of my clients is a natural 7 and her hair goes BLONDE with tigi highlift, another who is a 5 and it was notably brighter than wella 12's!! hoever as always strand test strand test strand test. . . for reference though tigi highlift recomend 50 min development and DO NOT recomend use of heat!

Latest posts

Back