highlighted hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miffyblue

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if you can perm highlighted hair, bleached, i had it done when i was younger but it seems to have stopped now any ideas please

i wouldnt advise it as it could really damage ur hair but it all depends on the condition it is in the first place idealy i would do a test curl also how do u mean its stoped hav u got a picture of your hair hth

Hi, miffyblue, I agree with Trudie a perm on bleached or very highly lightened / highlighted hair would be very bad , it would cause breakage .

On the other hand if your hair only has tinted highlights in it
and it has definitley not been bleached in the past ,

then I would advise that you ask your hairdresser for some test pieces on it to see exactly how it will end up hth minky :hug: x

how much of your hair is highlighted?

the salon i work in, do perm highlighted hair but it depends on the condition first. normally test curls are done and then if there ok then the hair is permed we use a perm by goldwell called evolution comes in different numbers depending on what your hair type is and how much colour you have in it.

Perming is coming back BIG!! Not huge hair, just soft texture. We do quite a bit of perming heavily highlighted and/or bleached hair. We use a perm by Zotos, Acclaim Plus for Bleached that contains a porosity equalizer and prewrap. We also pre treat the hair with protien prior to wrapping. Most bleached hair processes in 3 min or less, we apply at the basin so that if we need we can rinse as soon as we are done applying.

wow, 3 minutes? thats good, not heard of that before. i agree that it depends on the condition of your hair, you could do some good conditioning treatments over the next weeks and see how it feels afterwards

Perming is coming back BIG!! Not huge hair, just soft texture. We do quite a bit of perming heavily highlighted and/or bleached hair. We use a perm by Zotos, Acclaim Plus for Bleached that contains a porosity equalizer and prewrap. We also pre treat the hair with protien prior to wrapping. Most bleached hair processes in 3 min or less, we apply at the basin so that if we need we can rinse as soon as we are done applying.

Totally agree with jeni about perming coming back , I have done quite a few very soft perms on younger girls latley,

one young girl has just had a soft S bend perm put in her hair extensions
after they were taken after three months wear ,
then she had a soft Acclaim perm on them for a change and put back in again
and she loves it :green:
must admit it was soft shaggy and sexy looking but she could also straighten and curl it with barrel tongs too ,
but for the summer she is made up to just wash and wear it all tousled .

Jeni, I use those perms too Zotos and Acclaim thay are absolutely fantastic for keeping the the condition nice,
I used the Acclaim for the extensions the one for normal hair,

and what a fab result it produced

plus you can get good results with the Acclaim even on bleached hair as its very gentle,
and test pieces will show you how the condition will be xx minky
:hug: x minky

what sort of size roller did you use?
for the shaggy look
x

what sort of size roller did you use?
for the shaggy look
x

Hi, I used the largest grey rods from salons direct , they are about an inch wide /3 centimeters ,

with bieng hair extensions I decided to take thicker sections as I only wanted an S bend , so I water wound them first in the normal way ,

(I suppose you could also Take thinner sections and use an even larger perm rod to produce the same result
this would allow for easier soaking on clients head )

they were then soaked in the perm lotion in the sink lol x
then placed in a plastic cap in a warm place ,

I checked for development until I got a soft but firm S bend ,

Then rinsed and nuetralized them , and lef them to dry naturally

which produced that sexy shaggy tousled look ,
hope that made sense :hug: , minky x

goldwell is really i good i love there colours as well. ooo perms are coming back they say this every year are they really coming back this time lol im in the process of growning my hair now the sexy lose curls are appealing to me let us no if u do have the perm done???

Latest posts

Back