Highlighting combs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipsnip

Reaction score
was just browsing on amazon and found this

Dcash Hair Weave Balayage Highlight Microbraiding Sectioning Comb Premium: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

At first I thought that doesn't look right but then I did some research and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGK0-cn7hBE

Surely this method would produce chunky streaks or something or cause other issues but if not why does no one know about these? This would half your foiling time surely, but is this just plain laziness or is that just me?

I've got one of these.

Mines called a smart weave comb i think.

I don't use it though.

You can create different sized weaves depending on where you place it on the section.

I've got one of these.

Mines called a smart weave comb i think.

I don't use it though.

You can create different sized weaves depending on where you place it on the section.

what do you think of it? Why don't you use it? Does it cause you any problems? Don't you feel like it's cheating a little bit?

what do you think of it? Why don't you use it? Does it cause you any problems? Don't you feel like it's cheating a little bit?

Its a really good concept.

I actually don't have any reason for why i don't use it... I just don't.

I wouldn't say it was necessarily cheating

I bought one when I was training thinking it would help but I soon learnt how to weave using my pin tail (or tint brush...) and got used to doing it that way. I think it's probably more use to someone DIYing?

The other thing is when you're re-doing highlights, you need to weave with your eyes. If you're doing 2 or 3 colours, you might not want them to be uniformly even.

I've got one and I use it all the time. It makes weaving so much quicker and easier. And such even results. Can make weaves as thick or as thin as you like them depending on the size of your section! X

I've got mine from eBay.

Latest posts

Back