Hints for waxing Asian skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERSEQUIN

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been asked to wax legs, bikini, underarm, tummy and buttocks for an Asian female. This would be my first with this skin type and client advises me she is very hairy and needs it done every 4 weeks to keep under control.

Does anyone have any advice to keep me right for my first time, I use Berins and happy with it but any hints/ tips would be appreciated.

Client advises normally takes an hour but have told that would be longer as I get familiar with hair growth etc for her first treatment.

Many thanks

To be honest, there really isn't a big difference when waxing Asian hair, although it is much stronger.

The big difference comes when they return for their next appointment. You will find that it is much easier for you and more comfortable for them, if they return nearer the 5 weekss than the fours weeks.

On area that are dense, use hot wax, but on legs etc use strip wax. Make sure that you press the wax right to the skin and don't just float it. This will break the hair.

Get you client to dry brush the day before their appointment and have them dry brush and moisturise regularly. Asian skin can be prone to ingown hairs, especially 'line hairs' on the legs. These are the hairs that grows stright, just uner the surface of the skin. That's why they should dry brush. You could always do it for them just before you wax them.

So........hot wax on Intimate, Under Arm and Face. Strip wax everywhere else unless you feel it would be more comfortable for them to use hot wax. xxx

Thanks Kim for your advice- good about dry brushing too. Will get 5 wk appt booked and se how goes. Always like to be prepared! Almost prefer hot to strip any day!

Many thanks

Thanks Kim for your advice- good about dry brushing too. Will get 5 wk appt booked and se how goes. Always like to be prepared! Almost prefer hot to strip any day!

Many thanks

Just a little tip. I always use hot wax on the areas that I mentioned, with no extra charge. Also, if I decide to wax part of the chest say, of any other parts with hot wax, there's no extra charge. I do it because it makes my job easier. HOWEVER, if your clients actually request that you use hot wax on an area that you wouldn't usually.....legs, stomch etc, then you should give them the choice but charge more. As a guide, I know of salons that add to their price list the option for 50% more than strip. xxx

I think you have approached it right by speaking to your client and advising that it might take a bit longer the first time to give you a bit more time to have a look at the areas, hair growth direction and avoid any time pressure.

I am sure you will be fine, depending on your client there might be more or coarser hair but the technique stays the same so just do it the same way as normal and I am sure your client will come back every 4 weeks!

kim, why would 5 weeks be better than 4 ?

Latest posts

Back