Hive 500cc question :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinxy

Reaction score
Hi lovelies!
I bought the Hive 500cc kit at the show at the weekend and I'm trying to work out how on earth I'm supposed to get the wax melted in there if I have the "handle" and scraper bar on the plastic wax pot? :) Am I missing a trick here but I just can't make it sit straight... *sigh* :)

Am I just being amazingly blonde? :)

As Sting would say, there's nothing wrong with being blonde :D

I don't totally understand what you are getting at tho - are you wanting to decant the wax from the tub into the bucket or have you tried pulling the scraper bar out (carefully so as not to crack the plastic!) and just slotting the tun into the bucket?

Hi lovelies!
I bought the Hive 500cc kit at the show at the weekend and I'm trying to work out how on earth I'm supposed to get the wax melted in there if I have the "handle" and scraper bar on the plastic wax pot? :) Am I missing a trick here but I just can't make it sit straight... *sigh* :)

Am I just being amazingly blonde? :)

Not sure I understand, but, are you trying to put your wax pot inside the metal bucket? If you remove the bucket and clip the scraper onto the wax pot it sits inside the heater without a wobble. ;-) xx

Yep Wendy nailed it pardon the pun... After oodles of searching it turns out you shouldn't put the plastic container in the insert lol DUH! Sigh :) told you I was being blonde! :) love the heater but have to say the instructions could be a little more idiot proof PMSL :)

Yep Wendy nailed it pardon the pun... After oodles of searching it turns out you shouldn't put the plastic container in the insert lol DUH! Sigh :) told you I was being blonde! :) love the heater but have to say the instructions could be a little more idiot proof PMSL :)

Many people do put their plastic or metal tub of wax inside the bucket. There's nothing wrong with doing that. In fact it's a good way to keep things clean. It's also a lot quicker and more straightforward than decanting. Although I personally don't do either. My wax comes in a tin so I remove the bucket completely and pop the tin in. As with many things there is not a right or a wrong way, just lots of different ways.

I spent hours trying to work this out and posting messages on SG - in the end after some advice from a very patient salon geeker I put my tub in a bowl of hot water to get it melted (it took a while I had to keep topping it up) I could then pour the wax (peron rigot) into the metal tub.

The 500cc Hive heater does take the big tins from PR.

I had more success with the hot wax as it came in little balls and I just merrily poured them in !!

Lol! I only know because I bought one at the show and the sales girl told me! ;-) xx

Did you mean the 500cc heater does take the big tins from PR or doesn't?! I thought they had to be decanted in? The PR girl at the show said their tins only fit in the 1000cc Hive heater? Confused! Xx

I spent hours trying to work this out and posting messages on SG - in the end after some advice from a very patient salon geeker I put my tub in a bowl of hot water to get it melted (it took a while I had to keep topping it up) I could then pour the wax (peron rigot) into the metal tub.

I had more success with the hot wax as it came in little balls and I just merrily poured them in !!

Seriously, if you must decant, I am sure that propping the tin of room temperature wax over the heater (switched on) the wax would pour. Not quickly, granted, but much less faff than using a tub of hot water.

I agree that the footprint of a large tin will go into a 500cc heater but surely it would be a couple of inches proud of the top of the heater?

I put two spatulas on my wax pot (like skis) and balance my wax tub on there.
Never spills & works fine for me :)

It's always the simple things lol x

Seriously, if you must decant, I am sure that propping the tin of room temperature wax over the heater (switched on) the wax would pour. Not quickly, granted, but much less faff than using a tub of hot water.

I agree that the footprint of a large tin will go into a 500cc heater but surely it would be a couple of inches proud of the top of the heater?

Sorry Zo Zo, can you just confirm, the PR warm wax tins will actually fit inside the Hive 500cc heater? I didn't buy any of the PR wax at the show because I was under the impression it would need decanting and I didn't fancy that! Xx

The PR tins don't fit into the Hive 500 cc they have to be decanted I learnt the hard way. Helping to melt it with hot water sped up the process.

Has anyone tried the Berins wax? I know PR is very popular but we trained with the blue Berins for bikini and underarms etc and I have to say I loved it! It's not cheap mind and very restricted where you can get it :( I loved how flexible it was when set... almost like rubber and no matter what we did it didn't crack...

To wendynailedit-

I am not saying the PR tins fit a 500cc heater; someone else said that. I am saying the tin would be very proud of the top of the heater. I personally wouldn't recommend using it that way.

But the footprint is the same whether the heater is 500cc or 100cc.

To Tinxy - yes Berins is not a cheap wax but as with so many things in life, you get what you pay for. It is exceptionally good quality and easy to work with, which I would imagine is why people love it. And don't forget, waxing is a very profitable service.

Latest posts

Back