Holiday message for answerphone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkster

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I read a post on here recently that got me thinking about an issue I have.

Being an independent therapist I don't have a receptionist so an issue arises when I go on holiday. I contact all my exisitng clients before I go away so they know when I am not around but any new clients calling the salon would not be aware. I just don't feel that it gives a good impression if a potentially new client leaves a message and I don't reply for 2 weeks because I've been off sunning myself and obviously I am not going to put a message on my answerphone stating that I am on holiday (errr, yeah come & rob me!).

Does anyone have an idea of a message that could be left on the answerphone that would let clients know that treatments are not available while giving the impression that there were people in the salon. I have kind of thought of 'we are temporarily closed for staff training' or 'we are temporarily closed for a refurb, please call back in 2 weeks'??

Any ideas?

x

Hello this is the Beauty Salon

Please be aware this answerphone will not be checked for messages between the following dates xxx to xxx.

please do not (stress these words) leave a message, the answerphone service will resume again on xxxx.

Thank you for your call.

I don't think you need to explain in this message why this is happening, they just need to know that their messages will not be picked up until the date stated.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for this, but do you not think that this would indicate that I'm not there?

Please be aware there is a fault on this answerphone - please do not leave a message as we cannot pick it up. The fault has been reported.

Due to staff shortages this answerphone will not be checked between these dates. Please do not leave a message.

Its more difficult as you don't want people to know you are not actually there. I myself am not sure about saying you have staff training or being refurbed but if that makes you feel more comfortable it would be fine.

Jacqui xx

Do you have a friend or relative who could access any messages that are left? You could leave them your diary clearly indicating when appointments can be booked in. I have a friend who is also a therapist and we do this for each other. All existing clients are aware we're away so it's usually only two or three new clients for each week we're away.

Or friends kids? Well I say kids i mean like 18 year olds ish lol not 7!
but maybe you could say if they live near the salon you will drop them 20 quid if every 2 days they go in make sure everything is okay and get back to the messages x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

How about saying you have no appointments available between the two dates? This way you could still be in just fully booked.

Because people might want to ring and book an appointment for say 3 weeks time or something xx
I think you really need to find somebody to hold the fort down while your away, can't your staff do this? x

I always have voicemail on when on holiday, and say something like,
Hi, it's Lisa....Sorry I'm on holiday at the moment, but will be back next Tues 3rd Sept (etc) If you leave your name and number I'll get back to you when I get home. Otherwise send me |a text message and I can book you in. Thanks, bye
I find then people text, and I have my diary with me, so then I can book people oin for when I get home :p

Because people might want to ring and book an appointment for say 3 weeks time or something xx
I think you really need to find somebody to hold the fort down while your away, can't your staff do this? x

Good point, I've always taken my mobile on holiday, listened to messages and texted back so never needed to worry about this as being mobile I didn't have a landline!

Could you not redirect calls to your mobile? I know this is a pain on holiday but if you have no staff it may be your only choice. You would only need to check messages once a day.

I change my message to say something like ...

'Thank you for calling **** salon. We are currently closed and will reopen on (whatever date). If you would like to make an appointment after that date, please leave a message.'

That gives all the information clients need to know but is not saying whtether you are there or not.

I would agree with applepie, that way you are making them aware that you are not available until a certain date but they are still able to make appointments which could prevent you loosing business.:Love:

Much better idea from applepie :)
I'd go for that :) x

Latest posts

Back