Holiday tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delicious..x

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im a newbie to spray tanning and just need a few questions answered..

Firstly im going on holiday soon and want to have a spray tan before I go.. but im wondering will the tan come off in the pool/ sea? is there any solutions out there that wont come off in the pool/sea?

Could anyone recomend a solution that stays on well for holliday?
Also when you have a spray tan this will not stop you from getting a tan by sun will it? lol

Also can all solutions be sprayed over the face?

Thanks everyone will appreciate any help :)

Last edited:
No tan will resist constant water exposure and they do not stop you getting tanned in the sun, if anything you need to be more careful and use sunblock. The amount of time it takes to come off does depend alot on your skin type but maybe try a tan extender, I recommend you put it on every night on hols then use your normal non oily sun block in the days. Hth

Hi everyone,
Im a newbie to spray tanning and just need a few questions answered..

Firstly im going on holiday soon and want to have a spray tan before I go.. but im wondering will the tan come off in the pool/ sea? is there any solutions out there that wont come off in the pool/sea?

Could anyone recomend a solution that stays on well for holliday?
Also when you have a spray tan this will not stop you from getting a tan by sun will it? lol

Also can all solutions be sprayed over the face?

Thanks everyone will appreciate any help :)

Hi do you mean a new customer / user?
Spray tan works only on the upper layers of your skin and will be lost as skin is, repeated exposure to water/sea will quicken this but for pools as Chlorine being a bleach type product will lighten/bleach out your spray tan very very quickly. You still tan through a spray tan as previous poster stated & you still need sun protection, oil free best to prolong spray tan x

Hey thank you both for your reply I will put your advise to use..
I am a new user.. Just brought my own machine..
So are most solutions ok to spray onto your face? x

Maybe you should do a training course so you feel more confident with it - it was also enable you to get insurance and answer your questions.
But yes you spray the face. Xxx

delicious.... please don't take offence but you really need to do a course as you don't even seem to know the fundamental basics on spray tanning, you say you're a beauty professional & offer several services inc. tanning & have brought a kit?
Please don't offer tanning with your current knowledge hun go do a course you'll find it really worthwhile xxx

I've always had spray tans on my face, would be pretty annoyed if they missed my face out! I wouldn't personally get a spray tan for going on holiday as I find the chorline/salt water is quite harsh on my skin and would leave me pretty patchy, but everyones skin is different. x

Thats exactly what I was thinking some people have been saying that some solutions can't be used on the face.. so that's why I was left confused.
This is the main reason I started this post because everyone seems to say different answers.
I never said I was a pro I come on here to get advice yes I have brought my own machine because I'm sick of paying to have it done so it's for private usage only. And I do have many qualifications in beauty.
My friends boyfriend sprays her all the time if he can I think I can..
Also many people have told me the tanning courses are a waist of time! x

If your just using it for your own use then you might not want to do the course but if you were wanting to maybe go mobile or do other people I would suggest doing the course. I'm going to do mines tomorrow just so I know that I'm doing it correctly :) x

from you're reply and complete lack of the smallest knowledge they are obviously not worthless & very worth while! The very people you are asking on this professional forum have this training and that is why they can answer you're questions! :irked: All solutions can be used on face, they are made for full body.. no one on this thread has said they shouldn't be used on face.

from you're reply and complete lack of the smallest knowledge they are obviously not worthless & very worth while! The very people you are asking on this professional forum have this training and that is why they can answer you're questions! :irked: All solutions can be used on face, they are made for full body.. no one on this thread has said they shouldn't be used on face.

well I do spray tans for living... It is not hard! It's spray tan you don't need knowledge, it's not like being a doctor

If your just using it for your own use then you might not want to do the course but if you were wanting to maybe go mobile or do other people I would suggest doing the course. I'm going to do mines tomorrow just so I know that I'm doing it correctly :) x

Yea definitely If I was going to do it for other people. Gd luck :)

Ok, I completely agree with the fact that you should do a course if you ever want to charge or spray someone else (think about it, you are losing professionals custom who have invested time and money in learning the trade properly) and you are asking a professional forum for free advice. On the other hand, sure if you need to save money and are not claiming to be a pro (as poor service or advice will give pros a bad name) then my advice is all pro solutions are designed for full body use, if in doubt check with the company of the brand you use and they can give you more advice suited to their products. Please don't take it the wrong way if some people get offended (as the boyfriend comment sounded a little belittling) and as previous said, it's not as easy as it looks, you do need some knowledge when using pro equipment and products. Main thing is using on hols it does affect your dha levels and can make you more prone to sun damage so you need to use suncream and there are no guarantees how long it will last or if it will go patchy with chlorine and salt water. Hth

Ok, I completely agree with the fact that you should do a course if you ever want to charge or spray someone else (think about it, you are losing professionals custom who have invested time and money in learning the trade properly) and you are asking a professional forum for free advice. On the other hand, sure if you need to save money and are not claiming to be a pro (as poor service or advice will give pros a bad name) then my advice is all pro solutions are designed for full body use, if in doubt check with the company of the brand you use and they can give you more advice suited to their products. Please don't take it the wrong way if some people get offended (as the boyfriend comment sounded a little belittling) and as previous said, it's not as easy as it looks, you do need some knowledge when using pro equipment and products. Main thing is using on hols it does affect your dha levels and can make you more prone to sun damage so you need to use suncream and there are no guarantees how long it will last or if it will go patchy with chlorine and salt water. Hth

To be honest, I do this all the time and it is so easy, you don't need alot of training! it's beauty not a bloody law degree! it's make me laugh, I could teach my 5 year, in a hour! It's not hard atall

Yea definitely If I was going to do it for other people. Gd luck :)

Hi delicious, I understand that you are NOT taking this as a profession! and trying to gain good advice from professionals on this website! I own my own salon in london, and tanning is easy to learn at home.

I don't think she was trying to be rude, we are only pointing out that if you are going to offer a service it's best to have some training behind you.

Amy, the lady does not want to sell her service! she wants the knowledge for her own use! I think people are finding it hard to understand! as the website is made for information on beauty, from professionals like myself.

[/QUOTE]

I never said people on this tread said that? So don't really know why you said that?!
And what is wrong with getting free advice from professionals?

I don't know how many times I have to state I'm NOT offering a service!

If you don't want to offer advise why did you post?

Hi Delicious

You are probably better off posting this question in the consumer forum below.

And I must add that your profile states that you are a professional, perhaps you should change that to avoid further confusion.

have a lovely holiday :)

Yes I know she is just wanting it for personal use and in my previous posts I've tried to help her with some questions.

Yes I know she is just wanting it for personal use and in my previous posts I've tried to help her with some questions.

Yes I can see this, but the lady asked a simple question and is given false information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back