Hollywood bikini wax article in The Sun yesterday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Did anyone else read it?

Ahh so irritating the author keeps going on about the pain saying she was in the tenth level of pain hell, wanted to run away and had 15 minutes of solid pain

So looked a bit closer and it was done with warm wax and strips... like seriously of course it was sore

So frustrating - imagine how much different article would have been if she had went to someone well trained practising hot wax? Or even better a Kim Lawless waxer

Customer perceptions, scare stories and bad previous experiences are the biggest thing I hear about from new customers and every time after wards they are like o wow that was nothing like what I expected

I don't understand why in 2016 with all the fabulous hot waxes and advanced training we have that therapists are still waxing in this way

I follow the salon that did the waxing on Facebook & although i dont know them personally, I dont think they would do intimate waxing with strips.

I got the impression that the photos were 'mocked up' for print and the article does mention hot waxing, but did think it odd that strips were being used (not to mention bare hands- no gloves!) i thought the wax looked like hot wax tho so honestly believe they were set up pictures.

Waxing hurts, its only for seconds but it blooming well does, so i think thats just an honest description xx

I completely agree with you however I have customers that will only have strip wax, they prefer it to my Perron Rigot Euroblond wax...

I use strip wax on the top of the bikini area hot wax on the more sensitive areas. I think the pain thing depends on technique. I have a lot of first time Hollywood clients who always say it doesn't hurt half as much as they thought. But also I think it depends on how high an individual's pain threshold is. I love a good wax :)

I follow the salon that did the waxing on Facebook & although i dont know them personally, I dont think they would do intimate waxing with strips.

I got the impression that the photos were 'mocked up' for print and the article does mention hot waxing, but did think it odd that strips were being used (not to mention bare hands- no gloves!) i thought the wax looked like hot wax tho so honestly believe they were set up pictures.

Waxing hurts, its only for seconds but it blooming well does, so i think thats just an honest description xx

I re read it and there's no mention of hot waxing, there is talk of strips and that the customer had to help the therapist by stretching out areas

I checked out their website and fb and no mention of hot wax at all so to be honest think it was strip wax

yes waxing hurts but if its done with a well trained, experienced, professional waxer using good quality waxes then that pain is greatly reduced

and I think that was my point, the article would have taken a different tone and angle if that had of been case

What a shame (and a slightly pointless story) No gloves?!? Ew! I wonder why they picked that particular salon. Seems a bit random. Certainly wouldn't make me want to go for a Hollywood and doesn't do any of us any favours. More lazy inaccurate reporting from The Sun. 'Sigh'

I would like to get a full wax down below but the thought of the pain stops me. If looking for a salon to get it done what shall I look out for? I struggle to imagine hot wax in the really sensible bits though. What else do you use if not strips. Thank you.

How can you even read a comic like that??? :D

All their (made-up) stories have to involve a large element of ridiculous high drama otherwise no-one would read them. It's like saying that the TV programme Casualty accurately reflects life in A&E.

'So, there I was having an intimate wax in a lovely clean salon that was playing relaxing music. The therapist was very professional and the process was virtually pain free'
Who's going to be interested in reading that?

If you expect honest journalism written with integrity and passion, you need to swap your reading material.

I have looked for the article again & cant blooming find it, nor can I remember the name of the salon to check on FB ( I follow soo many salons/ therapists I did try looking but got no where!) but Im sure I read hot wax somewhere which is what made me think it was all mocked up & over Exagerated.

I wonder if the salon were happy with how it was portrayed ? They shared it on social media so presumably were!

Has anyone got a link to the original article? Id like to read it again. Xx

I've just watched the video embedded in the article - no gloves, strip wax - not a great advert for that salon.

Having said that the reporter doesn't look like she's in agony so she's obviously embellished that for the article.

The reporter is described as a "hot-wax virgin" but it's definitely NOT hot wax being used. She obviously didn't research enough to know the difference.

Ahh, I didnt get a video link on the article I first read (it was linked from their fb page)

Ooh, no gloves?? Yucky yuck yuck!! Although I knew it mentioned hot wax somewhere!

Not a very good advertisement for the salon hey? I truly believed the pics were set up! Who waxes without gloves.... :( Xx

I would like to get a full wax down below but the thought of the pain stops me. If looking for a salon to get it done what shall I look out for? I struggle to imagine hot wax in the really sensible bits though. What else do you use if not strips. Thank you.
I was trained with Kim Lawless and have trained in other techniques. I find hers the best technique- so much so, I use it to wax myself! You have to be reasonable supple though. Can't recommend KL enough :)

How can you even read a comic like that??? :D

All their (made-up) stories have to involve a large element of ridiculous high drama otherwise no-one would read them. It's like saying that the TV programme Casualty accurately reflects life in A&E.

'So, there I was having an intimate wax in a lovely clean salon that was playing relaxing music. The therapist was very professional and the process was virtually pain free'
Who's going to be interested in reading that?

If you expect honest journalism written with integrity and passion, you need to swap your reading material.

lol ah don't worry I've experienced this kind of snobbery over reading the sun in previous work too

I enjoy it, it's mentally on my level lol, and my customers relate to it,

.....I'm not going for Intellect of the Year so I'll leave the more high brow stuff to you academics lmao

I was trained with Kim Lawless and have trained in other techniques. I find hers the best technique- so much so, I use it to wax myself! You have to be reasonable supple though. Can't recommend KL enough :)

agree Kim Lawless a cut above .. would have been fab article if they'd went to a KL waxer or Kim herself!

agree Kim Lawless a cut above .. would have been fab article if they'd went to a KL waxer or Kim herself!
Perhaps the lovely Kim would offer to do the lady a wax so she could see how it SHOULD be done.. ;)

Is anyone else freaked out by the window?? It looks like a first floor room but even so this would unnerve me.

Latest posts

Back