Hollywood Lashes, supply problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonh1973

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am hoping somebody can shed some light on a problem we are having with Hollywood Lashes....at college we had a day training course through Dennis Williams with Hollywood lashes, on the day we could order the kit and a few of us did and paid over the phone. The kits finally arrived in college but are a different brand - Marvel Lashes - one or two people have said the quality is not as good. Also the college would not give them to us as had no names on so no proof that we have paid!! I have spoken to Dennis Williams and they said they will contact the college and will replace although do not know when that will be - HL not answering phone, responding to faxes or emails!

Firstly is anyone else having availabilty problems with Hollywood lashes? ALso are Marvel any good? Do i just accept the replacement? Panicking as it was 21.01.09 when did course and really want to practice.

Thanks for reading this and hoping anyone has some info

Sharon x

Firstly theres a huge difference in price I think between the two kits. Although Hollywood lashes may be offering a student kit. It will depend on what you have paid. I think its salons direct that do marvel lash so see what the value of the kit is worth.

I find it strange you cant get hold of hollywood lashes but then the last week I have struggled getting hold of anyone because of the weather etc. Hollywood lashes seem a small run company so it may be that they are not in the office. I doubt it would be any other reason.

What did dennis williams say, have you rang them?

As I dont know what you paid or the full situation I cant say what you should definetly do. If you paid £200 then theres a wide range of lash extension kits available and would look at them and get your money back. I wouldnt be happy paying a lot of money for marvel lash kits.

Did it say anywhere on your order form that alternative kits can be supplied?

Kate

The marvel lashes are a range that Dennis William's supplies,
i cant comment too much on the quality as i have not tried them but i have seen them in the stores and was not that impressed,

I have dealt with Hollywood lashes in the past and found them to be ok, i never had any trouble making contact with them,
the question i would be asking Hollywood lashes is "are Dennis William's authorised to teach under their name"
and explain what has happened,

if Dennis William's are not authorised to teach under Hollywood lashes name then i would have thought that it is down to the college to get all of the students money back as it would have been the college that booked with Dennis William's,

i certainly would not be accepting a marvel lash kit if i had payed for a Hollywood lashes kit, hth :hug:

hiya, i am a trainer for hollywood lashes and i had a phone call from the gentleman who runs the uk side of things the other day asking me if i was the lady who had done some training at a college as he couldnt find out who had carried out the training. I think this is the college that you are talking about. could you tell me the trainers name and i will try my best to help you with your problem. Feel free to pm me if you feel better doing it that way.

:hug:

Thanks for your replies - i paid £85 for a student kit over the phone using by switch card so with hindsight i really should have asked for a receipt but i think i assumed it was common practice as this is the first extra college training course i have done. I have had a look on internet and the marvel lashes also costs £85 on the beauty express website.

Dennis Williams has said they will replace the marvel lashes when they can get hollywood lashes stock but cannot give me a date of when that will be - was worried in case HL have ceased trading but it could be as you suggested and just weather causing problems.

Emma - thanks for replying, i am new to this so not sure how to email you but the trainer was called Julie, very nice lady so again didnt think there would be any problem. She also gave a couple of the kits she had with her and the girls paid her but was not quick enough to get one of those!

I will see what the technician at college says tomorrow evening when i am in - thanks again everyone x x

Hi
I have booked onto a Hollywood Lashes course and I got through to them on Thursday and Friday last week. I phoned the 0845 number as the Leeds number was dead. I ordered a kit and he said he would send it out on Monday. I am hoping it will turn up as I paid with my switch card. :irked:

I have been back in touch with Dennis Williams and they have said they have eventually had order acknowledgement back from Hollywood lashes but still couldnt give me a date as to when i will receive the kit!! I have told them i will keep in touch for updates.

It feels so long since did course worried that will have forgotten what to do!!

I hope yours arrives jellyjane - it should do if you managed to speak to them and pay directly

Sharon x

I've had trouble getting stock from HL that I'm changing to another company as I've had enough. You can never get hold of them and when you do they just give countless excuses, my last order took 2 weeks to arrive!!!!

Latest posts

Back