Home dying gone wrong!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

..xxnataliexx..

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks i reallliiiiieeee need ur help!!! Here i go!!!
Last nite i decided i wanted 2 dye my hair,, so i went 2 the local supermarket and bought schwarzkopf live colour xxl,, the red colur.
I dye my hair quite often soo i no genrally hw 2 do it,,
So i put all the dye on,, left it on for 30mins,, but wen i washed it off the colour looked realliee red on the top but u could hardly notice on the ends!!! sooo the top of my head looks red and the bottom looks brown:eek:
It doesnt look amazingly bad but,, it does stand out,,
I wud like 2 now can i go and buy the same colour and same brand 2nite can i do it agen????
Orrr am i goin a werid colour???
Have u got any advice for me???
Please reply asap!!!
Thanku XXx

Were your roots lighter than the colour on the rest of your hair?

I dont think it would make much of a difference if you did it again as it sounds like you need to lighten your other hair first.

Its hard to say on here what went wrong or how to correct it, so it would be better to visit a hair salon for some advice.

Otherwise a brown will cover it nicely but still have the red glow through it.

All in all the red will fade with every wash so if you choose to live with it then it should calm down in 6 weeks.

Kate

if you already had a deeper dye on the ends it wont lift it - or sometimes if tou have a hot head the roots can lift more - i think it won make a difference putting the same colour on i think you should put a semi on similar colour to the ends or go to a hairdresser

this is why homekits are jus bad bad bad, haha the results are unpredictable. . as lllana kay said, if u die ur hair regularly, their will be a colour build up on ur hair, so the virgin hair on ur roots will have lifted and the midlenghts and ends wont, because tint wont lift tint. . . ur best bet is to now either get a semi permanant colour like a brown and colour the lot, or go to a hairdresser who will be able to (with some work) get it to where u want it to be. . even when dyeing virgin hair a colour that is going to lift and add a radical tone, it has to be done carefully because roots lift quicker dur to the body heat. . this is called root glow, sometimes a colour band or halo. . so best of luck. . hope that helped. x

You either fork out to have a professional hairdress fix it. Or give up on being red and put a chocolate brown through it as the top is already filled with red anyway. Good luck! X

Latest posts

Back