Home hair clients-men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

Just had a call form a new male client asking for a hair cut. He says he never has time to get into a salon due to a very busy schedule and his last mobile hairdresser has moved away.

He wanted me to go cut his hair at his work place and could possibly get some of his work collegues to also have a cut to make it cheaper all round maybe but then decided it was easier for me to do it at his house as its on my way to and from work.

I guess my question is have any other geeks done or do just male clients? I know it may sound silly but i never have done men before only through wifes/gfs/families etc so i know them. I'm sure hteres nothing wrong qit this guy at all, he sounds normal and geuine....Just wanted some opinions really :)

Cheers

Years ago, before I hd my salons, I used to cut my dentists hair in the garden of his surgery. He is still a client to this day. Now that he has a wife and 3 teenage daughters, they are all valued, loyal clients!

if you feel confident cutting mens hair then go for it, i have done men who like to stand on newspaper in their garden collecting the hair cuttings and done....no fuss....these fellas will have wives, daughters girlfriends etc...give each of them a few cards to dish out and your gonna get a lot more clientelle....go for it

My feeling from your original post is your concern about your own safety/security. Is this the case? If so I would say, make sure you are as careful with this appointment as you are with other new clients. Make sure at least one person knows where you are going, you have your mobile with you, someone knows where you should be later on and so on.

In this respect, seeing him on the way to work may be a good idea because someone is expecting you at a certain place at a certain time, and you can drop it into conversation.

I've got a fair few male clients, some are husband, boyfriends, brothers of female clients, some are friends and colleagues of mine, used to have a client who used to walk in the door, take his suit off and sit there having his haircut in his boxers, but I'd known him awhile!

When I lived on my own it did worry me when new male clients booked and appt, annoyed me when they had wives, girlfriends whom I feel should have rung initially. What I used to do was tell a friend that was available if needed, where I was, time and when I expected to be finished and if I hadn't rung them by a certain time to ring me. Thankfully I only had 2 weirdos, 1 I got a male friend to ring and make my excuses and the other one was a bit more difficult to get rid of, I've been married to him for 10 years! Lol! So beware!!

Yes I felt you were concerned for your safety and if your instincts are telling you not to go, dont go. Better safe than sorry :hug:

yeah it is more for my safety and i feel so silly for it, i mean just cuz its a guy who's to say i'd be any less safer visiting a female client i have never met before but i don't know i feel at ease when i'm visiting female clients more so than males...well this is my first new male client in the past i've done men but only through friends or whilst their gfs or whatever are having their hair done.
I only had one other man call me up years ago when i first started and he sounded a bit off key so i said no.

This guy did sound normal and fine to be honest but i don't know i guess i've always had it in my mind i'd never do new male clients without any connections....sounds silly i know.....

fuzion-hahaha class! married to him for 10 years love it lol

Hi MissLou, No, you dont sound silly at all, your safety is paramount, if you have that good old gut feeling something is not quite right - dont go!
Yes, business is business, but no amount of money is worth getting into a bad situation.
I have, and have had many male clients - they have all been through my lady clients.
I broke my rule once for an elderly man, who was lovely (now passed away) I have written about this in another post.
Trust your instincts
Good luck!:)

Your safety is not worth £10 or however much you charge, I am mobile and I dont do 'new' male clients who havent been recommended or are a existing clients husband/son etc....
As a few geeks have already said trust your instinct!

Latest posts

Back