Home Salon - Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jo Jo - That sounds like it would be the ideal home set-up without intruding in your home-life too much. Do you want to swap houses LOL! Good luck!:hug:

criaturamaldita said:
Hello everyone!!

I was just wondering if a lot of nail technicians Living in UK have a Home salon??? I'm from Mexico but live in US and here i havent seen such a thing. People here in the US neighborhoods are pretty restrictive about this, in most neighbordhoods they wont allow you to have any kind of bussiness, they think it makes the city look ugly???. In Mexico most of people open their salons in their own houses (the living room, specially) since they dont have to pay rent. Personally i just think it is great and would also know if anyone has done or seen a home salon here in the states.

Thank you!!
I cannot see why having a home salon would make a neighbourhood or city look ugly????:eek: My home salon is in a spare bedroom and my house looks no different than it did before...cant see the logic there!!!!

Urban Geek said:
Jo Jo - That sounds like it would be the ideal home set-up without intruding in your home-life too much. Do you want to swap houses LOL! Good luck!:hug:

Chris,

Happy to swap - mine at the mo is like a buildng site. Having to slowly get rid of the 70's artex on all the walls and having the bathroom done.

Another reason why I'll be waiting to the end of the year.

nailsbydesign said:
I cannot see why having a home salon would make a neighbourhood or city look ugly????:eek: My home salon is in a spare bedroom and my house looks no different than it did before...cant see the logic there!!!!

Hello!

So, Im understanding you dont have any publicity in the front of your house. In Mexico they do it, they have the salon's name and the services they offer. Here in the US they wont allow you to do it, not in my neighborhood. I'm really gonna have to investigate about it, and please, if anyone out there living in the US has a home salon and can let me know if it is ok it will be greatly appretiated!!

Can you please help. I am thinking about converting our little bedroom and using like you on a part time basis for beauty treatment how much will it cost me 4 business rates and insurance. I hope you can help not sure what to do thanks millions.

Latest posts

Back