Home salon steamer needed or hot towels enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobicschick

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering how important do you think it is to have a steamer in a home salon are hot towels enough? xx

Hi I guess it depends on what your offering. I like to use the steamer as part of my exfoliation (the steam gently coming onto the face/back whilst I exfoliate). I use warm towels for all sorts of things but you can wring them out in hot water and get the same effect. I use both my steamer and hot towel cabbi but you may get away with a bowl of hot water and mitts. What do you intend to do? :)

Its just for doing facials, I dont have a steamer and wondered whether its a neccessity to buy one along with everything else you need to buy to set up from home!! x

Hello, I started from home 5 months ago and started with a slow cooker/rice steamer to heat my damp towels for facials (£19.99 from argos), I have since bought a facial steamer as well but I still use the slow cooker to heat my towells, I use them to wipe over the hands and feet before massage and facials and I also use them during the facials, after a back massage, after a hand massage whilst the mask is setting...I could go on, but thats wasn't your question lol!

My clients really enjoy the hot towells and they have no idea they are coming out of a slow cooker!

Start with what you can manage and just keep re-investing until you have what you want, that would be my advice.

Hope this helps, good luck

Samantha x

Hello, I started from home 5 months ago and started with a slow cooker/rice steamer to heat my damp towels for facials (£19.99 from argos), I have since bought a facial steamer as well but I still use the slow cooker to heat my towells, I use them to wipe over the hands and feet before massage and facials and I also use them during the facials, after a back massage, after a hand massage whilst the mask is setting...I could go on, but thats wasn't your question lol!

My clients really enjoy the hot towells and they have no idea they are coming out of a slow cooker!

Start with what you can manage and just keep re-investing until you have what you want, that would be my advice.

Hope this helps, good luck

Samantha x

I do the same for when i do Spa Manicure, but i got my slow cooker from ASDA £10. x

I do the same for when i do Spa Manicure, but i got my slow cooker from ASDA £10. x

I have heard of a food steamer being used for hot towels before but never a slow cooker. How do you work with this then in a salon/home salon situation?

I have heard of a food steamer being used for hot towels before but never a slow cooker. How do you work with this then in a salon/home salon situation?

I think i have read the 1st thread wrong, i use it to keep my towels hot, but they are also damp, to remove product when i am doing spa mani. I just put a little warm water in with my towels and keep it on low. x

I've got a nice chrome one after I read it on hear 18 months ago. I dampen my muslin clothes with water (and a lid full of rose water) roll them up , put them in the slow cooker, with a bit more water on top. The setting has to be on the lowest other wise its too hot to handle.

Thanks guys so do you think hot towels are enough to offer in a facial or do you really need a facial steamer as well? x

Last edited:
Microwave is a good way of doing it too and cheaper then buying a hot towel cabby

Thanks guys so do you think hot towels are enough to offer in a facial or do you really need a facial steamer as well? x

I've managed perfectly well for over 16 years without a steamer & I can't recall anyone ever asking about steam during a facial.

As for hot towels/mitts all I do is fill the basin up with hot water, dunk the mitts, then ring them out. Apply to face/body & remove product. Voila! End result is exactly the same, only cheaper :).

I've managed perfectly well for over 16 years without a steamer & I can't recall anyone ever asking about steam during a facial.

As for hot towels/mitts all I do is fill the basin up with hot water, dunk the mitts, then ring them out. Apply to face/body & remove product. Voila! End result is exactly the same, only cheaper :).
Maybe so,but i still think a hot cabbi looks much more professional,it is quieter,and more suitable for the therapist who has no running water in the room.

It is an indispensable piece of equipment,there is no faffing around,you just load it up at the beginning of the day,forget about it,and there you go!:)

I would not be without mine!

Latest posts

Back