Home salon techs advice re: Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a bit late to the party due to finances but really want to invest in Shellac. I have put a few feelers out on Facebook and a few people have said they would have the treatment if I offered it.

I think its a revolution in the nail industry and being Creative trained is the natural next step for me rather than all the other 'me too' products.

My question(s) ;) How long did it take you to recoup your initial investment, how much are you charging for the basic Shellac service and how did you advertise it to maximise profit potential?

I know once done (properly) it sells itself and also to get clients to refer which I do anyway, I just need to convince my husband that the gas bill can wait for X amount of time and I NEED Shellac! ;)

Thanks guys, and any answers appreciated as always

Sarah. Xx

Hi

I work a 3 day week and made my money back in about 6 weeks... I charge 30 Euro for the service and that includes the removal.

The only thing I did to advertise it was send all my clients a text and it was as easy as that.

Luckily for us CND do a lot of the advertising for us, so all of my clients had seen it on the Telly, or had read about it in a newspaper or magazine and knew exactly what it was, so I didn't have to do the hard work with the advertising!!

I only work 3 evenings and 1 day at the weekend and I am still trying to recoup the cost as I am trying so hard to get myself known in my area.

(Too many nail techs in one small area, most are excellent but some who are taking the quick buck route, this is not to offend anyone just the truth)

I try to buy another colour when I have the money and if a client asks for it as some of the original ones I got with the kit I haven't used yet.

Hopefully once my business and good reputation is known out there things will improve for me (advertising leaflets etc on its way)

Do not let this put you off as Shellac is excellent and this year like Minx was last year will be the year for the Shellac I think.

Thanks girls :D

Anyone else? Xx

Hi guys, I'm a bit late to the party due to finances but really want to invest in Shellac. I have put a few feelers out on Facebook and a few people have said they would have the treatment if I offered it.

I think its a revolution in the nail industry and being Creative trained is the natural next step for me rather than all the other 'me too' products.

My question(s) ;) How long did it take you to recoup your initial investment, how much are you charging for the basic Shellac service and how did you advertise it to maximise profit potential?

I know once done (properly) it sells itself and also to get clients to refer which I do anyway, I just need to convince my husband that the gas bill can wait for X amount of time and I NEED Shellac! ;)

Sarah. Xx

Hi Sarah,

i did my Shellac training yesterday and bought the full kit including the correct lamp, and it is amazing!!! I bought 2 additional colours, and have made 16 colour combinations so far - i spent all the money I made this month ( i only started up in business in February) on the kit and training, and Im completely confident that I will make this money back in around 4 - 6 weeks as long as I market it properly, the product is fantastic... :):):)

HTH xxx

I got my shellac kit Friday and hadn't even unpacked it when I did my first client!! I am going to charge £30 a set (I do live in Guernsey where treatment prices are slightly higher due to postage rates) I've done an offer for £25 to get people in. I've done 8 sets so far most for family a bit cheaper and have earnt back over a quarter of my money.

I don't take any "wage" until I've made my kit back. I have 3 more sets booked this week and some more the week after, so all going well already getting client referrals!

You will make you money back in no time as the product speaks for itself!

Xx

This is great girls, I'm going to show my husband this thread :D anyone else here able to back me up! ;) xx

I'm getting more & more clients replacing their acrylic sets with shellac treatments! The reason I like it is that it is such a quick service for not much difference in the price! Earning me lots more money!!!

Sarah. Xx

Hi

I have a home salon and am finding that shellac is great. used to be a nail biter and now I have really long nails. Have a look in my album. I am currently building up my business but most of my business is shellac. I have converted all but one of my acrylic girls to shellac and have a few new ladies booked in for it too. Shellac has got a good reputation, so is worth every penny. I know that nearer the summer I will be very busy shellacing. I charge £22 for colour and £24.50 for french. Re-shellac is the same price. I love shellac and know that once you get it you will be like me and many others, I eat, sleep and live shellac. HTH. Ax

I am salon based, but I work for myself. I work 5-6 days a week, and I usually treat between 5-10 people a day. On average day I do 5-6 Shellac treatments and around 2-3 enhancement treatments. Mostly regular clients, who book for months in advance.

I started Shellacing last May as soon as as it was launched. It changed my life completely.

Word of mouth works for me!

At the very beginning I was grabbing everyone and gave them one free sample nail! Mostly everyone came back for a full set!

It's truly fantastic, it works, it's very addictive!

You will get the money back in a flash and will never look back!

It rocks!

Nail designer with a twist;)

Latest posts

Back