Home Study = Insurance ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADP

Reaction score
I totally respect the fact that home study is not the professionals chosen path. But I really do not have an option here.

Apologies also for starting another thread regarding this subject, but I've been reading posts here all evening about Home Study and my head is absolutely spinning !

Very simple question:

Has anyone enrolled and passed on the Nail Tech course at Elearnuk AND (this is the most important word....AND !) managed to get Public Liability Insurance? ... I promise you STAFF that I have read and read the forum and can't find this answer to my question.

Now, from my previous thread, I went to college to do bookkeeping (manual and computer) and honestly, in the end, although I attended week in , week out for 2 years, on the manual course I actually taught myself at home, I had the schedule and I whizzed ahead of the class, my tutor was useless, she was dizzy and forgetful. So, from that aspect, I know I can learn from home. I am (even if I say so myself) pretty good at doing Acryllic Nails, I just need fine tuning, there are areas where I need lots of practise and visual learning to master like edges and so forth and importantly, lots of knowledge on the ins and outs of the chemicals etc. I intend to buy the practise hand too.

I promise I will try my best not to start another thread about this..

Hi hun, I have just looked at the course your talking about, and tbh the kit included isn't very good, you don't get a practice hand with it... so I assume they expect you to practice on people straight away. You don't get any wipes even.
I'm not sure about the certificate you would receive at the end of the course. It Say's it takes you to A Level standard, if I read it right.
If I were you I were you I would ring round some of the insurers an see if they accept that certificate...the Guild and babtec would be a good start.
I see it also includes manicure and gel nails, so I assume you have to buy these kits separately.
I did a home learn with EN and I know they can get insurance and you also get the trainer hand with the kit. Have you looked on their site ?
HTH :hug:

Hi hun, I have just looked at the course your talking about, and tbh the kit included isn't very good, you don't get a practice hand with it... so I assume they expect you to practice on people straight away. You don't get any wipes even.
I'm not sure about the certificate you would receive at the end of the course. It Say's it takes you to A Level standard, if I read it right.
If I were you I were you I would ring round some of the insurers an see if they accept that certificate...the Guild and babtec would be a good start.
I see it also includes manicure and gel nails, so I assume you have to buy these kits separately.
I did a home learn with EN and I know they can get insurance and you also get the trainer hand with the kit. Have you looked on their site ?

I agree with Suze on this one if home learn is the route you want to take EN is the best one out there.

Suzie, many thanks for getting back to me, I have just looked into EN home study, and will go for that I think because of the insurance side, and yes , you're right, the practise hand alone is worth quite a bit, and would be such a godsend as my silent victim lol.

I will do the Acryllic course first, then the maintenance

BUT, what about manicure and pedicure ? I thought that was the first thing we should be learning, apart from obviously health and hygiene and such XxxX
I agree with Suze on this one if home learn is the route you want to take EN is the best one out there.
Thanks Michelle, you both have put a smile on my face, knowing there IS an option out there for me to do homestudy, if you know about the manicure/pedicure course I would appreciate some feedback...also your thoughts on whether my line of thought regarding Acryllic first then Maintenance etc is correct would be appreciated too ...

Have to say, I have been a member of forums (nothing to do with this topic) and this is an amazing site XxxX

Hi, I am glad to have been of some help hun, I think you are doing the right thing doing the acrylic first, I did the gel, maintenance then acrylic sculpt, and would have done it the other way round if I had known.
I did my manicure and pedicure with Solana. Do you have a college near you that is doing a course?
If you need any help, or advice you can pm me or Shell anytime, and there is also a EN group to join as well x :hug:

Hi, I am glad to have been of some help hun, I think you are doing the right thing doing the acrylic first, I did the gel, maintenance then acrylic sculpt, and would have done it the other way round if I had known.
I did my manicure and pedicure with Solana. Do you have a college near you that is doing a course?
If you need any help, or advice you can pm me or Shell anytime, and there is also a EN group to join as well x :hug:
Thanks Suzie :)
The manicure/pedicure course starts at the college in Sept,

How do I find the EN group ?
XxxX

Click on MY PROFILE... scroll down to SOCIAL GROUPS... and click on ESSENTIAL NAIL GEEKS ...x:hug:

Thanks Suzie, you're an absolute sweetie XxxX
:hug:

Hiya

I only joined the forum the other day.

I have just been reading the above messages. I am going to order the Essential Nails home tomorrow, the acrylics. I work full time and can't find a course suitable near me.

I noticed someone told you about the social group for EN. I have gone into it but don't know how to post a message on there. Any idea???

Cheers
Jayne

Just to add EN are bringing out a manicure course very soon not quiet sure how it will work thou! x

Just to add EN are bringing out a manicure course very soon not quiet sure how it will work thou! x
Oh excellent....this just gets better and better !!!! thanks so much Michelle :hug:

Hiya

I only joined the forum the other day.

I have just been reading the above messages. I am going to order the Essential Nails home tomorrow, the acrylics. I work full time and can't find a course suitable near me.

I noticed someone told you about the social group for EN. I have gone into it but don't know how to post a message on there. Any idea???

Cheers
Jayne
Aha, just noticed you managed to post in there...well done !

Latest posts

Back