hopi ear candles!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand this, but what if we were talking a nail product and the truth versus faith you guys would be jumping all over the joint?

My links are the truth and scientific analysis of this product, seems odd there is no scientific proof proving the positive aspects .... can anyone prove these links wrong with an educated opinion/or from someone educated, that doesn't rely on faith alone ? ......... anyone .... anything? And can someone back it up that doesn't sell them or do the service based on profit? Sure there are people claiming benefits, yet no backup proof that doesn't seem to be purely placebo.

Many get on my back about candling, yet nobody has offered a proven counter argument (not one link based on evidence) ....NOT ONE.

It's not about being right or wrong, I just wanna see some backup by someone respected, as you guys expect from any other product you use.

Or does your/the profit outweigh the obvious evidence against them?

I can see where your coming from and do hope that someone will show us some SOON.

I can see where your coming from and do hope that someone will show us some SOON.

until then, i guess candles are a hoax until proven otherwise, they have been proven a hoax (proof positive by medical practitioners), impossible for them to draw impurities or wax from the ear (proven that the crap you guys show clients is already in the base of the candle before burning) , do the experiment yourself (it you aint afraid to cut into your fragile and ever important profit margin) ..........now let's seem something to the contrary ........ not opinion .... JUST PROOF.....

Guess there are always people willing to sell snake oil.

Hey guys, I'm really confused now!! Doesn't take much!! I have just put my name down for a course in Hopi Ear Candles at my local collage. Its going to cost me £90 approx. Its on the 10th March & I now don't know what I should do? I have been asked about this treatment from clients as some have had it before where others what to try it & I've heard all positive things, but don't want to waste my money & time doing it if there are no benefits or its dangerous. Those that offer it/do it whats the feedback from it please, are you glad you trained in it? Thanks!! :eek:

i understand this, but what if we were talking a nail product and the truth versus faith you guys would be jumping all over the joint?
I understand this Carl, but, Ear Candling isnt harmful is it????
Filing the natural nail with a 100grit abrasive is.

To liken it to something, my brain isnt working well today so forgive my comparison, but some people swear by mustard slathered on their chest to get rid of all number of things chest infections, colds, coughs etc etc. Now this hasnt been proven to work, but people still continue to do it....so leave 'em carry on!

xxxx:hug:

Hey guys, I'm really confused now!! Doesn't take much!! I have just put my name down for a course in Hopi Ear Candles at my local collage. Its going to cost me £90 approx. Its on the 10th March & I now don't know what I should do? I have been asked about this treatment from clients as some have had it before where others what to try it & I've heard all positive things, but don't want to waste my money & time doing it if there are no benefits or its dangerous. Those that offer it/do it whats the feedback from it please, are you glad you trained in it? Thanks!! :eek:

I cant really help you with your question directly but what i think is many treatments can be dangerous such as sunbeds and possibly a few other things, and everyone has different opinions on everything in this world if you want to do it, go ahead hun many people like to have hopi ear candleing treatment where as some people disagree what ever feels right for you , then do it xxx

I understand this Carl, but, Ear Candling isnt harmful is it????
Filing the natural nail with a 100grit abrasive is.

To liken it to something, my brain isnt working well today so forgive my comparison, but some people swear by mustard slathered on their chest to get rid of all number of things chest infections, colds, coughs etc etc. Now this hasnt been proven to work, but people still continue to do it....so leave 'em carry on!

xxxx:hug:

doing something at home as a "remedy" and charging for it in a salon are different things .... no point comparing candling with nails we all know better due to the "proof" of whats best, the "proof" on candling is in our face, yet many ignore it ....... by no means am I arguing, it just seems nobody can prove the "scientific facts wrong", until then it's snake oil

well I can't see anyone wanting to join this thread due to negativeness.

Leah, go and enjoy your course, it is well worth it.
guess we'll have to leave this thread ONCE AGAIN, which, I find very frustrating and insulting.

I think that when things go wrong its when untrained people are using them, if you have been trained to use them properly and understand the dangers then its OK.

As I said in another thread on this subject, my friends husband had probs with his ears since he was a child. His doctor said that there was nothing the NHS could do for him so why did not try candling, so he did and it worked he has not has a days pain since.

Its the same with a lot of holistic treatments they work for some and not for others and most people try things out when they are desperate which is when the unscrupulous "all about the money" people get involved and things go wrong.

Anyone can prove anything they want to any way they want to if they try hard enough.

All you can do is listen to the opinions expressed here and make your own judgement on it.

Good luck.

Trish :hug:

Can some one of the Mods please lock this thread? Nailzoo obviously has an axe to grind about Ear Candle's and can't let those clients and therapists who KNOW & UNDERSTAND there is no medical proof of any healing properties use them and let their clients experience them because they find some comfort or pleasure in the treatment.

they have been proven a hoax (proof positive by medical practitioners)
A hoax is a lie, I have never made any medical claims or therapeutic claims about them or their use.

impossible for them to draw impurities or wax from the ear

This isn't in dispute, please see my earlier comments about what it is - this is exactly what I tell me clients.

For those who would like to have an informed discussion and debate about Ear Candling and their use, since we aren't able to do so here may I suggest you have a look at the Healthy Pages forum about them.

Mat

I agree that its time this one was closed...xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back