Hot stones or lava shell massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansypansy

Reaction score
Massage is my favourite treatment to do and at the moment I only do Swedish, armoatherapy and IHM. I am considering training in hot stones - is it worth it? is this a popular treatment for you? I am also considering lava shell massage but as they are quite similier not sure if its worth training in both. Thanks X

I think it is alot of investment to have both at once. I have the vulsini hot stones kit which is much simpler than heating a tank of water for the hot stones. Really pleased with it but not had it long.

How about bamboo massage.I think hot stones and shells are a bit too similar.

Yes I would only want to invest in one of them at the moment! Just not sure which! Will have a look at the vulsini hot stones kit thanks :) X

I used to do hot stones but switched to lava shells, no more faffing around in the tank, which uses up a lot of massage time and the shells stay hot. My clients all prefer the lava shells :lol:

I used to do hot stones but switched to lava shells, no more faffing around in the tank, which uses up a lot of massage time and the shells stay hot. My clients all prefer the lava shells :lol:

How long do the shells stay hot for? x

they take about 5 minutes tocome to temp then stay at working temp over an hour ,you will have to set them down to re heat this only takes a minute then its good to go , there is 3 differnt charges at differnt with different heat levels for different massage ,check out shared beauty secerts uk distrauators for more info ,Lava shells are a BRILLANT investment that keeps them coming back.:wink2:

Hiya thanks for your reply! Why do your clients prefure lava shells to hot stones? and do you find that you get enough business from them? Thanks X

I think they are both good treatments. Maybe try having both and see what you are most drawn towards training in after that.

The lava shells did interest me but when I mentioned it to clients they said, oh isn't that what they had on the apprentice? And that REALLY put me off. It made it sound like any tom, dick or harry can pick them up and use them, which wasn't the image I wanted to give off to my clients.

The vulsini bag takes away all the faffing and the stones stay hot and if youre using it mobile, you can plug it into the car. It's great, but possibly a bigger investment than lava shells. Some pics here Vulsini Gallery | Vulsini

Hiya thanks for your reply! Why do your clients prefure lava shells to hot stones? and do you find that you get enough business from them? Thanks X

Because they stay hot and they get much more massage time, no time faffing around getting stone out of the heater :lol:

That's really good to hear. I am also a therapist that uses the shells, they are so much easier to use than stones.

Massage is my favourite treatment to do and at the moment I only do Swedish, armoatherapy and IHM. I am considering training in hot stones - is it worth it? is this a popular treatment for you? I am also considering lava shell massage but as they are quite similier not sure if its worth training in both. Thanks X

I have trained in both stones and Lava shells. Lava shells are easier to use. More massage time with the client and they stay hotter for longer than the stones.

They are amazing... I have been using them for 2 years. As a mobile therapist I can take them anywhere which I can't do with stones, and they only take 5 mins to heat up :lol:. All my clients love the treatment. I am about to start offering the Therma Facial treatment too which is amazing.

i absolutely love lava shells. The difference is huge to a hot stone in the fact that you can go in really deep and remove so many knots. The deep heat relaxes the muscles so much quicker and the release is supurb
the fact the shells stay so hot is another plus and if you have completed a massage you can wipe down shells and show clients that are in the salon
how lovely they are without wasting product! So in all for lava :smack:

I have the vulsini hot stones too and they are fab, so easy to heat up in the car on the way to a client. I'm not trained in lava shells but I've had a massage done and personally I prefer the stones xx

Latest posts

Back