Hot Stones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurpakpink

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going on a Hot Stones Massage course shortly and was thinking about purchasing a Heater and Stones, Is 38 Stones sufficient to do a full body or do you recommend more? Also what heater do you think is the best?
Sorry it's just that I am really confused and don't know what to do for the best!

Thanks so much xx

I fancied doing this course you'll need to let me know how you get on & what it's like.

xxx

I will do - I've heard it's a fantastic treatment!! I can't wait!!!
xx

Thanks for the reply Sarah, do you find 38 stones is enough for a treatment? xx

I think I got about 60 stones with my kit! 38 is definitely enough to get started with, you can always add to the kit if you want to at a later date. x

I trained at ellisons and also purchased my set at ellisons and it has nearly 60 stones in it.

tbh, if you are doing a full body massage and want to do placements, ie leave the stones around the body to cocoon, or have the stones on the back or on the bed warming the lower back, 60 isn't enough.

What I often do is pop the used stones back into the heater to reheat. I use nearly all of the stones on the back, back of the legs, pop them all back in, and then use them all to do the front of the body.

so, IMO 38 isn't enough.

For Hot Stone Massage do not buy a slow cooker, they do not heat the stones hot enough. Hot Stone cookers heat the stones to 120 degrees within 30/45 mins max.

Look at it this way, if you went to a hair salon and the stylist got the brushes out of a micro or you went to a nail salon and the nail tec got you to soak you feet in something like a turkey dish would you be shock.. I think so..

Please do not use a slow cooker for a Hot Stone Treatment it is nor professional.

I do La Stone, and I only use a 38 stone kit in each room, We have placement stones on the neck, back and front and still have plenty to use.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, I will definitely buy a professional heater and start with at least 38 stones...I can always purchase more if I need them eh!?

Thanks again xx
:hug:

Its a fantastic treatment, you will love it! my problem is promoting it more since I stared doing mine I haven't had much interest at all. I have a room in a hairdressers and am promoting it on the salon mirrors, can anyone else suggest anything.

Have you tried 'special offers'? Perhaps when they booked a certain facial they get a 15 minutes Hot Stone Back massage??? Ideas like that can promote the treatment and get people interested?? Good luck :biggrin:

Its a fantastic treatment, you will love it! my problem is promoting it more since I stared doing mine I haven't had much interest at all. I have a room in a hairdressers and am promoting it on the salon mirrors, can anyone else suggest anything.

Why not use a few stones when you do your normal massage so the clients can try and see how much nicer the treatment is.

point out benefits

deeper massage
more relaxing
effects lasting up to 5/7 days

or

try leaving a few stones out so people can see them, bring them up in conversation saying my last client just had hot stones or my next client is having hot stones.

Latest posts

Back