Hot wax comparisons please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
At the moment and for the last few months I've used Outback Organics Gold wax and I love it. I mostly do intimate waxing and always like to try new products so I've just received a sample of Waxperts today. I did a Hollywood with it and liked it but until I use it a bit more I can't really tell if I like it more than the other top brands. It seemed to set quickly which is something I'm looking for as I often find myself wasting time waiting for a strip to set before applying the next one. Any comments from intimate waxers who've tried all the top brands would be appreciated! Thanks. X

Hi, my favorites are PR Euroblonde, always have a supply on board. Love Outback organics as well as I use this in longer strips for sensitive areas such as over the chest area. I have tried loads of different hot waxes and always come back to these two. Just trying out waxperts original at the moment, I have a sample of their Rosie Pearl too which sound like it sets as soon as you apply it but ran out of pots at the moment !! :lol:

Yes I was interested in the Rosie Pearl too but the lady I spoke to seemed to think the original would be best for what I do. I've just done another wax with it and I think it does set quicker than the Gold but I need to fiddle with the temperature because the lady said you can apply thinner than other waxes for intimate but I found it dragged and I couldn't get it thinner than any other wax I've used. Probably because it sets quicker or maybe it needs to be warmer. I had it on 52 as she said it works at a lower temp and that's what I have Gold at. Maybe I'll order some and use them both for a while and then decide which I like the best. The only thing that puts me off is that I hate the smell of lavender but actually it's not that strong.

Mjs what do you think the difference is between the Gold and Euroblonde? I haven't used Euroblonde for ages and I did like it but then tried the Gold and liked it and the fact that it's a bit cheaper helps when you're using a lot of it.

My favourite all time hot wax was the pre-reformulation PR Euroblonde. It’s so annoying when companies change something that is not broken and it was already the bestselling hot wax I think. I find the new PR EB to be a little gummy and take longer to set. I just use OO Gold now too when I’m not sugaring. That purple Waxperts one looks interesting but I still haven’t got around to trying the sample I got at last year’s Wax Show.

I have to say since i started with PR intimate 4 i find it brilliant and the feedback from clients that had waxed with euroblonde and then with I4 they cant get over the difference and dont mind getting waxed at all now- u can get sample bag- the smell can be abit strong imo. Im jn ireland so maybe i should try the waxperts??

At the moment and for the last few months I've used Outback Organics Gold wax and I love it. I mostly do intimate waxing and always like to try new products so I've just received a sample of Waxperts today. I did a Hollywood with it and liked it but until I use it a bit more I can't really tell if I like it more than the other top brands. It seemed to set quickly which is something I'm looking for as I often find myself wasting time waiting for a strip to set before applying the next one. Any comments from intimate waxers who've tried all the top brands would be appreciated! Thanks. X
Jo,

As I understand there are a few non strip waxes that are fast setting and often perfect for waxing during the hotter months! Perron have one calked Escential Rose which sets up really fast it's a creamy texture. I usually mix some of it in with my usual wax and find that it makes a huge difference in the summer when it's a combination of warm skin, hot wax and a hot treatment room...

Get a few samples of some and see which suit best.

HTH jack

I have just tried the PR intimate & omg it works wonders. I can spread it mega thin & it dries in lightening speed! Makes my intimate waxing much faster.
Saying that I have only used waxes from the wholesalers, the salon system one, then another 2.
I also tried the PR homme for intimate (just a strip) and my guinea pig dude screamed in pain compared to PR intimate. I chose Perron Rigot to try after months of research & going through the forum threads on here :) x

My favourite all time hot wax was the pre-reformulation PR Euroblonde. It’s so annoying when companies change something that is not broken and it was already the bestselling hot wax I think. I find the new PR EB to be a little gummy and take longer to set.
Thanks for that honest feedback MW. I'm going to discuss your comments with Paris (Perron's HO). I have heard similar comments a couple of times but I haven't found this to be the case myself...........however, in needs to be addressed. Thanks.

I did love the Intimate 4 when I used it and the smell is lush. The only thing that put me off is that I don't really want to keep 2 hot waxes as I've got 3 heaters already, 2 for hot and 1 for strip so don't want to get another and need to be able to use hot on face too.

Jo,

As I understand there are a few non strip waxes that are fast setting and often perfect for waxing during the hotter months! Perron have one calked Escential Rose which sets up really fast it's a creamy texture. I usually mix some of it in with my usual wax and find that it makes a huge difference in the summer when it's a combination of warm skin, hot wax and a hot treatment room...

Get a few samples of some and see which suit best.

HTH jack

I did try a sample of that one Jack and I liked it. I think you need to use them for a few waxes though so maybe I should buy some. It's a pain to keep cleaning my heaters out to try them though! The Gold does cost a bit less if u order in bulk so that helps because I'm using about 30 bags a month.

I did love the Intimate 4 when I used it and the smell is lush. The only thing that put me off is that I don't really want to keep 2 hot waxes as I've got 3 heaters already, 2 for hot and 1 for strip so don't want to get another and need to be able to use hot on face too.

You can get disposable pots in Sally's they are a special plastic. I used them to try new waxes :) x

I keep 3 too kim- euroblonde-face u/arms, basic bikini....then intimate and then strip! :)

I keep 3 too kim- euroblonde-face u/arms, basic bikini....then intimate and then strip! :)

Trouble is I need 2 on the go for intimate because I'm doing Hollywoods and Brazilians back to back and one pot isn't enough.

I'm at the stage where I need to get my second hot wax pot, I've been very strategic with my nail & lash client appointments booking them after a couple of my intimate clients but I think I'd rather just have another pot & not have the worry of waiting!

I'm using euroblonde & love it, only had to occasionally wait when it was very hot in the summer & I personally found a fan on full blast & a quick pat with cleanse on a cotton pad did the trick! Would like to try the Intimate 4 but can't bare over powering coconut.

I'm using euroblonde & love it, only had to occasionally wait when it was very hot in the summer & I personally found a fan on full blast & a quick pat with cleanse on a cotton pad did the trick! Would like to try the Intimate 4 but can't bare over powering coconut.
I love it too:)

Try and apply less wax as this may be why you're waiting longer in the summer as it really shouldn't make any difference to setting time. HTH's.

Decided to order a few bags of Intimate because this thread has reminded4 me of how much I like it! I'll end up with 5 heaters with different waxes if I don't make my mind up! Ordered some spare tins too and a bag of Pure for my allergic friend so I'm going to clean my buckets out and use the tins. That way I can change every day if I fancy it!

After years of using Perron Rigot (which I love) I am trying out Berodin's Blue hot wax ... so far very impressed.

Feels quite a bit cooler for the client and it seems to 'stick' to the hairs a lot better which means nearly every hair comes out first time.

Am adjusting temperature as I go along so I can use long strips where necessary without any drag.

It's looking like it can meet my requirements ... so it may be a permanent switch.

I'm at the stage where I need to get my second hot wax pot, I've been very strategic with my nail & lash client appointments booking them after a couple of my intimate clients but I think I'd rather just have another pot & not have the worry of waiting!

I don't think it smells of coconut, I can't quite describe the smell but I love it.

I don't think it smells of coconut, I can't quite describe the smell but I love it.

Me either, it has a great scent but its nothing like coconut!

Latest posts

Back