Hot wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjulesx

Reaction score
Hi, now buying a wax heater and I live the hive heaters. I see they now do a double heater, if I wanted to put hot wax in one and normal honey wax in the other is this possible? Also do you have to have a extra waxing qualification to be able to use hot wax?
I am fully qualified but didn't know if you have to do an extra course? Please help! x

Hi, now buying a wax heater and I live the hive heaters. I see they now do a double heater, if I wanted to put hot wax in one and normal honey wax in the other is this possible? Also do you have to have a extra waxing qualification to be able to use hot wax?
I am fully qualified but didn't know if you have to do an extra course? Please help! x

Hi I have the hive twin heater and put hot wax in 500cc and then warm wax in 1000cc one it's perfect for that!! I think it's best to train using it as it's a completely different technique, ;)

I usually recommend two seperate heaters - once you get into your hot waxing the 500cc won't be big enough! And if one side breaks you need to replace both of them.

Mat

I agree with Mat, I currently have the doubles and the small one is way too small. I am replacing mine with four single heaters.

Also the lid on the double covers both pots so you need to have both waxes exposed even if you are only using one and the small pots tend to create thick wax skins..

Last edited:

My best advice? Ensure you are insured for the treatments you sell. Basic waxing is usually the first level and intimate waxing is usually the next level.

Please check that every course you train for is accredited for insurance.

Jx

Latest posts

Back