Hot wax nightmare getting stuck in the hairs, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel clarke

Busybee
Reaction score
Hi can anyone please give me a bit of advice..
Ive been doing intimate waxing for a few months now and all going ok ..but I had a client today who only gets waxed ever couple of months so the hairs were quite long.. Dark and coarse.. After trimming i started in small sections using aromawax hot wax but after peeling off a small bit of wax was stuck so I was left with the wax in my hand and a small but still attached to the hair.. This was obviously very uncomfortable and painful for my client and I honestly panicked and didn't know what to do.. I ended up cutting around the wax and leaving the bit of hard wax on and then going over it with more hot wax which thankfully worked .. I'm thinking the hair was too long and this is why the wax got stuck so I'll trim more next time but can anybody give any advice or suggestions? I really don't want this happening again!!thanks so much

You did not use enough pressure to apply the wax. You need to apply quite a lot of pressure when applying your wax so that it reaches right through the hair and gets to the skin, if you use light pressure the wax floats in the hair and gets stuck :)

I'm not sure exactly how small your sections were but it can be a good idea to do a strip that starts and ends on a hairless patch of skin.

As well as what Noreen said, was your wax thick enough? X

You did not use enough pressure to apply the wax. You need to apply quite a lot of pressure when applying your wax so that it reaches right through the hair and gets to the skin, if you use light pressure the wax floats in the hair and gets stuck :)
Oh thanks so much for your reply!

I'm not that long doing it .. Yes using more pressure makes total sense.. Will try this next time..my sections were about two fingers width and length .. I started on a section with no hair but ended in a section with hair which is were the hair got stuck!! I do think the wax was thick enough but seemed the wax was only wrapped around the top of the hairs that get stuck... Anyone any suggestions on what is the best way to use? I'm thinking of Perron riggot euroblinde?
Thanks so much for your advice girls
Really appreciate it xx

I found this when I first started, if they help stretch the skin it's so much better, and hairs don't get stuck. I always ask tactfully for them to trim before they come (not TOO short) just so it saves you time and less mess!

I'm not that long doing it .. Yes using more pressure makes total sense.. Will try this next time..my sections were about two fingers width and length .. I started on a section with no hair but ended in a section with hair which is were the hair got stuck!! I do think the wax was thick enough but seemed the wax was only wrapped around the top of the hairs that get stuck... Anyone any suggestions on what is the best way to use? I'm thinking of Perron riggot euroblinde?
Thanks so much for your advice girls
Really appreciate it xx

hey carmel read your post and thought "girl needs to go on kim lawless training"... you won't regret it and these problems will be a thing of the past:)

hey carmel read your post and thought "girl needs to go on kim lawless training"... you won't regret it and these problems will be a thing of the past:)
Would love to! Does she do training in Dublin??
Thanks

Thanks

If you are in Dublin get yourself on Waxperts training!! [emoji171][emoji171][emoji171]

Thanks

no mainly Essex and Edinburgh - I travelled over - its well worth it and can guarantee there's not a course in the country that touches kims... it will be a game changer for you

Latest posts

Back