House spiders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a massive fear of spiders, especially daddy long legs. When you look at them and they start running about on the top of the sealing. I would rather exit the room then be in it.

I found this video on youtube, it's so funny! There's an Australian dad who videos his attempts to catch spiders in his house. They get massive ones down there, this is one of the best! This is also how I catch spiders, it usually works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU

Spiders hate peppermint! You can buy some peppermint oil and mix it with water into a spray and use it around all your doors and widows. Or you can buy something very similar pre made. Hope this helps, I hate them too! 😄x

We have bought some spider spray so will see how we get on. I have seen that video before haha xxx

We were in my Husbands car a few weeks back and the biggest house spider crawled out from his visor shelf and was crawling around above his head. I freaked and jumped out of the car at the traffic lights until it was captured in a coffee cup. :eek: I've not been able to flip my own sun visor down since.

Oh my god!! Just went up to bed and what do I find crawling over my sleeping boyfriend?! Yep a huuuuuge black house spider! I freaked out, it legged it & we've spent the last half hour moving the bedroom furniture trying to find it. It's nowhere to be seen!! I'm convinced it can see me typing this on my iPad :o !! Scared!!xx

Omg I would have passed out and I think my hubby would have too !!! I hate them.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg I would have passed out and I think my hubby would have too !!! I hate them.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha the other half was not impressed being woken up by screaming, he's even worse than me with spiders too!xx

So I get up to have a midnight snack, turn round to leave the kitchen and find a giant spider.

I manage to leave them room, crying sets in, hyperventilating kicks in. My partner has gone to work.

After 45mins of watching it, I get the courage to kill it. This is the result ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409114806.428296.jpg

I'm now waiting for any movement, because I'm too much of a coward to lift up the paint pot.

My partner thinks it's funny that I'm scared of them. If he had witnessed how much I freaked out then he wouldn't be laughing. Never wanted my mum more than now. :( x

I was getting cash out and there was this huge spider dangling in front of me! Anywhere else I would of ran away, but the machine still had my card and money I had to stand there and hyperventilate aswell haha. X

Sarah xo

Haha what have i started with this thread! Its the way they move that i HATE it really goes through me xx

It was a good job all of our neighbours were away last night.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted if I was at the cash point and that happened! I'd be mega freaked out! X

on Tues I found a big skinny spindly spider guarding its prey in my kitchen. The prey was a big fat spider. They obviously had had a scrap & the skinny one won. It made me feel a bit wierd so I left it. They were still there when I got back from town so got brave and wrapped a big wad of thick kitchen towel around my hand and grabbed them, chucked them in the downstairs toilet and flushed it until it wouldn't flush anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can buy a spray that smells of Conkers from ebay, just type in spider spray... I spray it in the corners and doorways of my rooms. I don't like spiders but don't like killing then either so this is great for me. I was sceptical though so one day when I saw a spider I sprayed near it and it ran away from the spray so they obviously don't like it!

Latest posts

Back