Houston hair help/ perm disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenswizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know I need to go to a salon to get advice on this, and I will, but I'm a bit cagey to go right now as you will see-
In July I went to get a perm. It was a disaster- not a bad perm, but just- not a perm. My hair was frizzy and straw like (I have nice hair normally) and wasn't curly. I went to another salon the next day and asked if they could fix it. They did a perm on top of it- twice- and it was sort of curly, but the curls were suer small. I wanted big, soft curls- I had my hair permed like that before and it worked out so nicely, I have naturally wavy hair so it grew out pretty and was so easy to style in the morning. My hair is awful now- so frizzy, barely curly after scrunching and moose,

I have not been to a salon since July and my hair looks awful. It's a lot lighter where the perm was, with a 'ridge' of frizzy, awful hair separating the roots from the permed hair. I deep condition every other day, it barely helps. I'm so unhappy with it.

What do I do? I eventually want a big curl perm, but I doubt that can be done on this hair. I don't really want to go super short. Should I get it cut a little shorter and wait for it to grow out? Is there any style that will hide this hair? Can I dye it dark brown to hide some of the damage, or will it make it worse? I am so gun shy of salons now, if anyone knows a good salon in the downtown Houston/Galleria area I would be really grateful!

IMG_4087.jpg

The photo is of me with my hair just washed, conditioned and combed. I attempted to style one side but gave up, as you can see. It does not pick up on the color problem and you can't feel the strawness, but you get the picture for the frizz. Excuse the nose bandage. :green:

get it cut! it will revitalise the curl and help enhance your naturall wave i wouldnt have it any shorter than an inch below your chin and some more layering would help loads .

Latest posts

Back