How annoying!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Just seen an ad on fb by a girl offering Shellac for £12 and Fake Bake for £10. The photo of nails were acrylics with a pale gold colour with gold glitter.. I don't offer Shellac but have seen the colours and didn't recognise it, she'd put a link to her website and I had a look and she actually offers Geleration and says its "the same as Shellac". I was really tempted to comment asking if she did actually use Shellac as it wasn't mentioned on her website but decided not to bother, what's the point!!! It's just annoying because I advertise on the same site for Gelish @ £20 and people looking who don't know about nails will probably go with her because of the cost.

don't worry about it hun what goes around comes around! I had a client this week who had been to a so called tech that did shellac for £15 she inboxed me on fb and I told her my price which is £20 and extra for nail art! she said it's more than she paid but I told her that was my price it's up to her! she said ok so I went to do her nails! I soaked them off with dissolve and they didn't budge! I explained to her that the tech hadn't used shellac and she was fuming that she had been mis sold a service! ! I didnt have to Do anything she has rang the salon and complained and put it all over fb that they are not using correct original products! !!! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

There is always going to be someone who works for less than you do ... Almost everyone works for less than I do! :lol: the result is that I work less but make more. :idea:

The last thing I want at my table is tight wad, cheap skate clients ... Do you? I've always charged the most in my area and proud of it. But people don't stay loyal just because I charge more, and customer loyalty is the name of the game. Our clients stay loyal because We are allot better than 'good' at what We do and what we offer; we deliver, we make a difference and they like us; they like the whole experience of coming to us.

Building a business that pays your bills is not about price ... When are people going to get that? It is about customer service ... Excellent customer service and building trust between you and your clients. Most likely the woman went to the salon because they said they were offering Shellac and not just because of the price! How can anyone trust a technician who lies about the service they offer and the products they are using? No one likes to find out they have been HAD! Usually the first time is the last time.

Post this in your salons. One more way we Serve The Professionals (STP)

picture.php

Last edited:
Sometimes people charge less to get their business known. Just after I trained in spray tans, I did an offer for half price tans. Or maybe its a special of the month or something like that.

"The last thing I want at my table is tight wad, cheap skate clients ... Do you? I've always charged the most in my area and proud of it. But people don't stay loyal just because I charge more, and customer loyalty is the name of the game. Our clients stay loyal because We are allot better than 'good' at what We do and what we offer; we deliver, we make a difference and they like us; they like the whole experience of coming to us." Geeg quote.

This is so true! At first you will take all clients, offer specials and discounts. Then, hopefully as you build your business you can start to weed out the bargin hunters, cheapskates, late arrivers. The ones that change their appt 4 times before they can make it. Clients who tend to cancel last minute. You can build a clientele that suits you and is the most profitable for you. By offering the best customer service and highest quality work you will have the cream of the crop clients. The bargin hunters have no loyalty except to their pocketbooks. Who wants them!

I agree, it is so annoying but we can't let it get to us pros :)

I saw a girl on FB offering half head of hair extensions for £15...surely some people are making a total loss!!

Xx

Latest posts

Back