How can I get my dappen dish clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilyx

Reaction score
I've got a build up of dried powder in the bottom of my dappen dish, how can i get this out ? x

You should only clean your Dappen Dish with Monomer.
If you are getting dried powder you need to have a look at your mixed ratio, you should always wipe your brush before placing into your monomer before picking up your bead of polymer.

I would place a small amount of clean Monomer into your dish get a piece of desk roll and wipe the monomer around to try and remove any residue.

Ok thanks. my mix ratio was well off yesterday, still learning :lol: i read geeg's ratio article on here & its helped. It's in my brush aswell should i do the same with that or use acrylic brush cleaner ?

Ok thanks. my mix ratio was well off yesterday, still learning :lol: i read geeg's ratio article on here & its helped. It's in my brush aswell should i do the same with that or use acrylic brush cleaner ?

Clean your brush in clean monomer too as your brush had natural hairs if you use something that contains Acetone it will fatally damage it.
Fill your dish with Monomer and work the brush around then gently wipe on Desk roll, don't remove all the liquid from the brush as you want to keep it from drying out.

so does brush cleaner have acetone in then? & when you say don't take all of the liquid out of the brush to stop it drying out do you mean do this after every use ? sorry for all of the questions.

so does brush cleaner have acetone in then? & when you say don't take all of the liquid out of the brush to stop it drying out do you mean do this after every use ? sorry for all of the questions.

A lot of Brush cleaners do have Acetone in its ingredients.
You will see a lot of cleaners called 'Acrylic Brush Cleaners' this actually means its for brushes Made of Acrylic nor for Natural kolinsky sable hair.

I mean that after you have used it then cleaned it with clean Monomer you would wipe off any excess then place in your brush case.

I have never used brush cleaner in my life!! Only monomer.

Also one less product to buy! You already have monomer

Yep me to, I have never used a brush cleaner and never plan on.

Clean monomer is the best way to go if you wish to keep your brush in good health.

Can I ask fellow geeks!when you buy a new brush and it feels "waxy" or like it has a coating on it, would you still only use monomer to clean the bristles? I have recently bought a new brush from nsi and they suggested brush cleaner but I was wary.

Can I ask fellow geeks!when you buy a new brush and it feels "waxy" or like it has a coating on it, would you still only use monomer to clean the bristles? I have recently bought a new brush from nsi and they suggested brush cleaner but I was wary.

They all have a sort of coating on at first don't they? The monomer takes its off

They all have a sort of coating on at first don't they? The monomer takes its off

Thanks. I've only used monomer on it but the bristles still seem to me separating rather than forming a nice point. I feel like there is still something on their that's affecting the liquid pick up and am not really sure what to do?

Most brushes are packed with a starch coating over the bristles to to text them during transit.
Use a pad to break up the starch then a little monomer in your dish work the bristles in the monomer until the starch has all been broken down.

Thanks. I've only used monomer on it but the bristles still seem to me separating rather than forming a nice point. I feel like there is still something on their that's affecting the liquid pick up and am not really sure what to do?

Ok I'm not 100% sure this is right as I'm still on my first brush and still training so just double check it first lol but what i was told to do was put in the monomer and wipe on paper towel to make the bristles to soften and keep putting it in monomer until bristles are flexible this manipulises it and you can make it into the shape you want. Wish i could be more helpful

Both replies so helpful thanks x
Previously I've had the one brush for five years!!! And I couldn't remember what I did initially as it was the brush I'd trained with!! Probably just dunked it in acetone! Thanks again x

Hiya, most brushes (at least all of the NSI brushes) come in a packing film. Break the film by gently bending the bristles between a pad then holding the brushes bristles against a finger tip as a base, use your plush brush to gently comb out the rest. You should see small whitish particles brushing out. Then you can 'clean' in monomer. Hth x

When I get a new brush I use a good quality shampoo, then conditioner to remove all traces of packing gum (then let id dry overnight), packing gum can play havoc with your ratio, so you should get rid of it

I've got a build up of dried powder in the bottom of my dappen dish, how can i get this out ? x

How can it be dried when it's in the bottom of your liquid dish ?
After each client I wipe out my liquid dish with a tissue (wrap it in foil) then throw it in the bin, I use fresh monomer for each client

Latest posts

Back