How did you find your room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi,

So I am really desperate to find a room to rent somewhere local to me but I live in such a small town that I can't find anything.

I have written a letter to post out to all the local hairdressers gyms etc to see what happens.

How did you all find your rooms? I wish I could buy a house to work from but its too damned expensive! (I'm still living with parents)

Also do any of you work from offices? Retail premises seem too expensive so was wondering whether an office space would work??

Apart from my current space, I have got all my others by visiting salons in person on a quiet day armed with my portfolio.

I imagine Oxfordshire has a large corporate sector and you could approach a couple of big firms and ask if you could have a base there for one or two days a week. I think if you were going to be office based, you'd need to be based in more than one to be kept busy enough.

Good luck!:)

Hi,

So I am really desperate to find a room to rent somewhere local to me but I live in such a small town that I can't find anything.

I have written a letter to post out to all the local hairdressers gyms etc to see what happens.

How did you all find your rooms? I wish I could buy a house to work from but its too damned expensive! (I'm still living with parents)

Also do any of you work from offices? Retail premises seem too expensive so was wondering whether an office space would work??
Shame you're not closer we have space for you.............

Good look hunting

Naomi

It would be best to go in person, as suggested, but I like your idea of office based, if what you mean is renting a unit on a mainly office space industrial area. For example here we have brackmills and at the bottom end there is a huge solicitors building, council offices and Barkley's clearing house. If someone set up there and was prepared to open early on some days and finish late on others I'm sure they could do very well there.
The first thing to do would be to contact a local letting agent to see if your business can take place in an office unit or if it would entail a change of use to the type of dwelling you would be taking. You would need to have a bit of capital though hun to get set up and support your self until the business takes of. And it might go better if you had another therapist to go in with you. :hug:

I found my space by calling all the local hairdressers, i dont work in their full time i work at home but when someone books for a tan in there i go and do it.x

I went through the yellow pages and rang up a few salons and luckily i found one , ive been there 2year now and leaving in 2weeks time to go to bigger premises. im a big beliver in fate , so if you really want to do just go and try everywhere possible :)

good luck

Have you tried hotels?
Another idea is to look for people seeking lodgers in their house. Our local newsagent has a window full of ads. There are lots of people seeking a boost to their income nowadays.
Hope you find something,
Lin

If you rent office space you would need planning permission for change of use to A1

Latest posts

Back