How did you learn to sculpt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason i want to learn to sculpt is because when i had some tips applied by a local salon for the first time the glue seeped onto my skin under the tip (i had short nails) and i hated the feeling of all this glue sticking my hyponychium to the tip.

I know nothing about tips as I'm not trained in them yet, is it normal for some glue to stick the hyponychium to the tip? or should this not happen at all?

The only reason i want to learn to sculpt is because when i had some tips applied by a local salon for the first time the glue seeped onto my skin under the tip (i had short nails) and i hated the feeling of all this glue sticking my hyponychium to the tip.

I know nothing about tips as I'm not trained in them yet, is it normal for some glue to stick the hyponychium to the tip? or should this not happen at all?

It really shouldn't happen if there is a free edge to work with, but if a person presents nails that are badly bitten, then it is fairly inevitable that seepage can happen ... that is why I only use Gel Bond which does not seep, it tends to fill in the ridges left from biting instead and is much more easily controlled in that situation (in actual fact Gel Bond was created by CND just for bitten nails and then everyone loved to teach with it because students could control it more easily, then the thousands of students got used to it and just carried on using it for everyone). CND has several options of different viscosity adhesives to suit just about any situation. (by the way, we use a chemical adhesive not glue, in the nail industry).

It really shouldn't happen if there is a free edge to work with, but if a person presents nails that are badly bitten, then it is fairly inevitable that seepage can happen ... that is why I only use Gel Bond which does not seep, it tends to fill in the ridges left from biting instead and is much more easily controlled in that situation (in actual fact Gel Bond was created by CND just for bitten nails and then everyone loved to teach with it because students could control it more easily, then the thousands of students got used to it and just carried on using it for everyone). CND has several options of different viscosity adhesives to suit just about any situation. (by the way, we use a chemical adhesive not glue, in the nail industry).

Oh ok thanks for that. Sorry just thought the term was nail glue :o

Hiya, I have just been reading this topic, I'm in the process of learning to sculp and have a question, can you use a form on badly bitten nails? Especially when the edge of the skin around the nail becomes larger and would be in the way of the form? Xx

Ooooo same question from me also.

I do not sculpt but would really like to!

I have clients coming in who have never had their nails done so prep is taking very long... their nail well..... what nails!! HELP PLEASE

If I apply a tip to such a short nail bed it looks so dumpy and false, so I decided to use the full tips that go rite to the cuticle. But this is just a waste of time aint it? they might aswell but they stick on ones in the shops? plus how do you remove them?

what is best to use for nails like this?

I need to remove a set of these full tip ones tomorrow and not sure what way is best to?

I make no sense I know but hope sum1 understands????

Anyone? Very anxious to learn best tips to use on sum1 who has very short bitten nails.

As I said I tried this new tip that goes over the whole nail which is fab!! No dumpy nails but how on earth would you remove them? Aaahh questions questions

Anyone? Very anxious to learn best tips to use on sum1 who has very short bitten nails.

As I said I tried this new tip that goes over the whole nail which is fab!! No dumpy nails but how on earth would you remove them? Aaahh questions questions

I wouldn't use a whole nail tip as I can't see how you would get a nice, professional look with it and as you say it's be a nightmare to remove.

If the nails are very bitten then you may be best off sculpting L&P on. Are you L&P trained?

No I'm not l&p trained, is it something u need to be or can u teach urself? X

Actually you don't need to answer that, I'm just being thick! Lol, at least I know that gel tips/ forms will not work so it's just something I will have to ask when a client rings up x

Hi! I recently done brisa lite sculpting course, I've only done two sets & it's taken me 2 hrs each time!! I've used tips as cant get hang of forms yet,
But I'm finding the gel is harder to use than I thought!!! Anyone else found it difficult?? Any advise welcome x

Hi! I recently done brisa lite sculpting course, I've only done two sets & it's taken me 2 hrs each time!! I've used tips as cant get hang of forms yet,
But I'm finding the gel is harder to use than I thought!!! Anyone else found it difficult?? Any advise welcome x

I've done the same course, but I've not had much practice in gels before ,I used l&p. I'm struggling with gels too! 😳

I thought sculpting would be the case no what is that?

Latest posts

Back