How did your meet yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met my hubby in a bar in Germany, where he was in the RAF. I had gone to stay with a friend and I'm convinced it was a set up. I didnt really like him that much but we used to just talk loads, mostly about his impending marriage to a girl back home. He didnt seem that keen on the idea of getting hitched, so I said that if your'e not sure then you should'nt really be doing it as you will probably regret it in the end..
We got on quite well and he came to see me off at the airport. I wasnt really expecting to hear from him again until one night I got a phone call from him. He'd called his wedding off and wanted to come and see me:green:
that was 19 years ago and we got married the following year. We now have 2 lovely daughters. Louise 17 and Danielle 13.

deb x x

I was 15 when I met my husband I had just left school moved away from home to a live in job.
It was in the evening a few of us were sitting in the Queens Box in the grounds of where they hold Braemar Gathering minding our own business when he came screaming past in his car from that day I knew we would be together it only took 2 days before he asked me out :D and 17 years and 3 kids later and we are just as happy as we were on the first day ohhh isn't that soppy:Love:

i met my other half on the internet, corny dating site.
i had been alone for a while and was at home every night with the kids. so i joined this dating agencies.

i put my photo on and i got back a message from him saying that my smile was nearly as good as his.
well we started to use msn, then he gave me his mobile number after about 3 weeks, so i phoned him. sounded really nice but just was not quite sure. we had a good laugh on the internet, and over the phone, so the next step was to met,(scary).

my mate looked after the kids while i met him. drove past him 3 times before i stopped, we met in a lay by, just off of the motorway. i had foned my mate with the car reg, gave her a quick desciption of him, and that matched his photot which was on line.

stopped and he got out of his car and walked up to mine and i got out to this man, who came up and gave me the biggest hug in the world. he said he would give me a hug as i was having a bit of a hard time,
i was going on holiday about 6 wks after we met, he came with me, he spent most of his free time with me and the kids, travellling up to see us after work and at weekends. while on holiday we talked alot, when we got back he told his mate who he was lodging with at the time that he was going to be spending more time with me, and his mate asked him to move out. we had talked about him moving in with me, so he moved in.
and the rest is history. been together for 5 years now and have a 3yrs old with him.

I met my husband in a local pub in my town, he is in the Army & was on a bit of a flying visit he was with 2 of my good mates who were also in the Army but from my Town, they invited me & my friend over for a drink & we were just having a laugh & i was talking to him & i totally fancied him - we all went on to another pub & i had a bit of a dance & a kiss with him, but i didnt give him my number as i thought why bother -he is in the Army based in Germany & his family are in Scotland, but he got my number from my friend who worked behind the bar & rang me when he got back to Germany - then everytime he was on Leave he would visit me...& the rest is history really lol, we got married & have had a little girl...i can't believe it was 6 years ago when we met!! I'm so happy too he is so lovely, he has paid for all my nail training, drove me all the way from Durham to excel at the weekend, also when i was really ill at xmas he did everything & sooo looked after me... he does so much for me bless him xxx

~shelley~ said:
I met my hubband in a local pub in my town, he is in the Army & was on a bit of a flying visit he was with 2 of my good mates who were also in the Army but from my Town, they invited me & my friend over for a drink & we were just having a laugh & i was talking to him & i totally fancied him - we all went on to another pub & i had a bit of a dance & a kiss with him, but i didnt give him my number as i thought why bother -he is in the Army based in Germany & his family are in Scotland, but he got my number from my friend who worked behind the bar & rang me when he got back to Germany - then everytime he was on Leave he would visit me...& the rest is history really lol, we got married & have had a little girl...i can't believe it was 6 years ago when we met!! I'm so happy too he is so lovely, he has paid for all my nail training, drove me all the way from Durham to excel at the weekend, also when i was really ill at xmas he did everything & sooo looked after me... he does so much for me bless him xxx

Awww Shelley, thats lovely! Thats two good fellas in the army then, 'cos mine is just amazing too! There's nothing he wouldn't do for me and I am always getting flowers and treats, and spoilt rotten!

We met about 2.5 years ago, on an internet dating site! I was so fed up of meeting idiots in bars to then find out they had a wife they'd forgotten to mention etc...and my best friend was having a ball internet dating, so I though, well, I'll give it a go!

I met Graeme on a Tuesday night, and he flew to Iraq on the Wednesday! He made it home for 2 days in all the time he was away, but by the time he returned we had booked a 10 day holiday in Canada, he moved in with me a month later, and proposed a year to the day since we met!

We share so many passions, and he is so supportive of my business....and most importantly is my best friend!!

my partner was only ever sopposed to be a one night stand! I had been living in spain for almost 6 months and decided to come back to the UK for a holiday. I went out with some old friends and met Brett, there was so much chemistry that by the end of the night we could not keep our hands off each other! In the morning I took his number and said I would call him.
I never did, I went back to spain with not a second thought for Brett.
Another 6 months later I returned back to the UK for good, one day I was going through my UK mobile (i had a seperate one for spain) and I came accross this number I did not recognise, so I texted it "who's this" the reply came back pretty quickely "dont you remember me?" anyway this went on for a few days until finally he said it was Brett and asked me out! I said no, but he kept asking me and after a couple of weeks I said yes! After 3 months we were engaged and that was 5 years ago.

Philip and I were next door neighbours, met when I was 14, he pursued me for a while, but I was a 'goth' and he was a 'trendy' so I really was not very interested, we used to sit on the steps by our houses and chat and chat for hours and hours, then all of a sudden 'click' and a lightbulb went on and I thought you know what he aint bad, I was 16 at this point and we had been mates for 2 years.

15 years later, 10 years of that married and one little girl and we are still very very happy ................ all together now awwwwww.

I met my husband on my firsat day at work he was my duty manager!! And I fancied him straight away.

Only thing was Everyone but him noticed!! even when I wasn't stuble he didn't get it!! It took a very rude and sugestive text before he got the idea! anyway we got married sept 2004 and had a gorgeous baby boy Vinnie last august:green:

I have to say to TINKWINKY ......... WELL DONE!!!!

You found a good un in THAT night club?! It took me and my mates years for going to the said night club and batley in general to find that special someone and their nearly all from wakefield!!!

i met steve nearly 8 years ago through a friend and have been together since.....

now we have a lovely house and two lovely little boys and on the 30th of june this year at 2:30pm we are getting married woo hoo i cant wait, i am counting the weeks

sam chaney said:
it is true when they say "you just know".

you are so right Sam! I met my man in our local (mine & my mates) we didn't know what else to do on a Sat night - things had been a bit iffy in the crowd we had been hanging out with and we were determined not to go in there! But in then end we did... Joe was just drinking a pint when I looked as my mate said 'don't look now' !!!

I had not even spoken to him but knew he was 'the one' - I can't explain it any other way. Joe felt it too....the rest of the story of how we eventually got talking that night is a long one but we did and this year have been married 25 years.

I rember thinking 'dad shut up' as he was telling me, on my wedding day! that before i knew where I was I would be married 25 years - and here we are - it has gone so quickly I can not believe it! We have had our tough times - the worse being when we found out we could not have kids - he would have been a fantastic dad! But we are soul mates for definate and with out him I would not be complete:Love:

Love Scooby x

I met Paul in a pub when I was on a night out with a friend. He was sat eating takeaway pizza watching football on the pub tv (..I should of realised then, he's football mad, I can't stand it!) I fell for him there and then and can't believe how lucky I am to of found him. We've now been married for 7 1/2 years.

i met dave coz i was going out with his mate at the time :o , but i always got on more with dave and we used to just talk all the time and i pretty much ignored the other bloke :lol: anyway i went around with them coz we all usd to go clubbing and dave always danced near me and used to grope me (which i didnt mind !!)after deciding i really liked dave i jacked his mate in, and eventually ended up with dave due to a very drunk new years eve kiss (he was shy, and i err wasnt :lol: ) and that was 10 years ago, we have a son james and another one on the way !!!

I met my partner at work and when he first started I thought he was just another arrogant salesperson! However one of my friends was training him and we started talking. I then left the company but kept in contact with him with just a friendly text now and then and then I went back to my old job after being away for 18 mths and we talked loads more. I then invited him to my 21st birthday but as there are only 4 days between our birthdays my party was on his actual birthday so he couldn't make it! He was really apologetic about not making it and we started lots of flirty texts before eventually we saw each other on a night out and with a few drinks had our first kiss!! After our next date (a romantic summer evening stroll along he beach!) I was pretty hooked! :lick: Six months later I moved in with him and now it has been 19 very happy months together!

Kelly xx

I met my hubby through work too, he started after me and my gobby mate was working with him. He told me when he 1st met me he thought I was a bit scary as I had just had my tongue pierced and my gobby mate is very in your face so he thought i was the same. I got put on the same job as him and got to know him and we really really clicked. I had known him for about 4 months and I took 2 days off for my birthday. On the night of my birthday I went out for a meal with one of my mates, and my gobby mate from work rang me and said mark had asked her to give me his number as he needed to talk to me and was too scared to phone me. So I rang him that night and he told me how much he wanted to be with me, and it was the best birthday ever! together 6 years this year, married 4.

Latest posts

Back