How did your meet yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarita

Reaction score
Hi thought it would be fun (I’m just nosey really) to see how we all met our hubby's, partners...

I have known Michael since I was 9 years old! My family knew his. He is 4 years older than me and I went through stages if fancying him and not.

When I was 15 I started liking him, but he was 19 (big age gap then) He has different set if friends to mine, and then I went off him, liked him again at age of 17, started going out with him 2 weeks before I was 18, got married when I was 19!! And im now 25, I have been married for 6 years in April!!!

Sara x

i met my husband in mc donalds a strange place but we both had modified cars and we got talking about them then he asked me out for a drink.in sept 2004 we got married and i now we have a 10 month old boy the doctors told me i couldnt have children due to a large cyst on my ovaries thats why we were happy but suprised when i was pregnant i never thought i would be this happy :)

I met my husband in a snooker club. Me and my friend decided we wanted to play pool better so we took lessons. My hubby played snooker in the same club every week. I never thought we would end up together though I didnt like him at first but he must have grown on me ha ha!!!

I met my hubby when i was 13, CB's was all the rage and me n sis was on it most of the night every night.
One night we decided to have a eyeball (meeting) with 2 guys we had been taking to for a few weeks. It was an instant attraction for me and one of the lads and decided to carry on seeing each other, after been together 2 years he asked me to marry him when i was older and produced a beautiful ring which i wore with pride and showed off at school ( i thought i was very cool having a ring on my finger at 15) lol
When i hit 16 and left school i left home to live with him in his flat (i felt so grown up but making mum see this was a nighmare, argument followed argument)
Things settled down and mum saw we was happy and 9 months after moving in with him he asked me to marry him again, i plucked up the courage to tell mum and steadied my self for yet more arguments but none came, instead she gave her blessing and a week after my 17th birthday we married in the same church i was chritened at, it was a fairytale wedding with the big white dress and a huge night reception.
The following year just after my 18th i had a son followed by another son just after my 19th.
Im happy to say we are still together after 23 year and married for 20 of those this coming may!
For our 17th anniversary he arranged a surprise for us to re-new our vows in the same church, i was speechless and gobsmacked, between him & mum they had thought of everything from my dress, shoes, flowers, food, cake and inviting everyone allover again! :biggrin:

I met my sweetheart on the internet :o we chatted through msn for 2 weeks, then met for coffee (he lived 1 1/2 hrs away). I fell in love with him the moment he walked through the doors. We continued to date long distance for 8 months before I moved to his town to be closer. Almost 2 years after meeting we bought a house and moved in together.

Aww, Pip's story made me wanna cry.

I bought a mobile phone from my hubby, he was manager of the shop.
After 2 weeks it started to play up so, I took it back. He smiled and told me not to ring anyone with the number 3 in their no, & I would be fine!:rolleyes:
After exchanging it a went back every few days & bought all the acessories I needed (& didn't), but after a few weeks I had no excuse to go in & see him again.
My friend & colleagues were so fed up of hearing how scrummy he was they said if I didn't ask him out they didn't want to hear his name again.
So I did, and the rest is history!:hug: :Love: :hug: :Love:

Hi i meet my partner on a blind date new years eve 2001...he'd split up from his wife in the october and i'd split up from my partner in the november....i did'nt really want to go but as it was new years eve i thought... it got to be better than staying in with the parents.....and the rest is history... were still together..been through ups and downs but still are stong as ever...thinking about getting married,but need to sell our house and get through the adoption procees which we're going taking on.

Rachel x

Hi I met my hubby at my little sisters engagement party.It gets confusing because my hubby is my sisters fiancees(now husband`s) dad !!!! that was over 18 years ago and were still happy!:o :confused:

Aww, Pip's story made me wanna cry.

Made me cry thinking back to it all...brought back some lovely memories of mum, some good time we had and some not.
Having my own children young i can fully understand how protective she was and only wanting the best for me.
Mum passed away suddenly 22nd feb 2004 aged 51 and i miss her so much it hurts, but if there is one thing i learnt from mum thats to not be over protective, let youre children find their way, be there for them if it goes pete tong. Let them learn from the mistakes they make.
And thats what i have done, my children respect me for it, can come to me for advice on anything they want, we never have "told you so's" or "you was right mum" as the mistakes they have made has been enough.

Its been lovely to read all the story, please keep them coming!

love & :hug: pip x

I met my when i was working in a pub and there was a big gang of them drinking all the time and he was the quiet one, we was all joking around one night and he was going to through a beer mat at me i said if you do i will through the ash tray at you so he did and so did i then i asked him if he wants to go for a drink that was it 14 years later still together

I was 13 when I met my partner, he was a friend of my mums friends son, we went out for a year or so, split up and then got back togeather again when I was 15 and we've been togeather ever since.... He is my best friend and we're always having fun which I believe is important in a relationship.
12 yrs later we are getting married, 14th october is our big day. :Love:

I met my hubby in my freinds mum & dads pub.......i had just coem out of a bad relationship and my freinds dad asked if we wanted to make a girls pool team up for a laugh so we said yes....we were the B team and my Lee was on the A team lol.....we met over a game of pool .........been together 10 yrs this year and married 4 years this year

Amanda

I was in a club in London with my pals and had just come out of a 9 year relationship from hell. My best friend started talking to this guy and tried to introduce me to his brother...but I was too busy snogging the face off some other random guy to even notice!

She got together with this guy anyway from the club and next time we went out she arranged for her guy and his brother to join us without telling me. Soooo they suddenly appeared and I started talking to the brother who I then realised was the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen.
We just clicked and talked til the club closed then I went back to his place(nothing happened!!!) where we talked til morning........5 years later Brandon and I are engaged (he popped the question in Vegas with a magnificent ring on bended knee in Jan 05!) We live in a gorgeous home with our huge dog and I am 4 months pregnant and we are getting married on the 20th of April this year....and still very much inlove.
:Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:

I met my partner when i was minding my own business looking fir a pair of trainers for my sosn's b day in his shop. I was looking at t ****rs, and he suddenly jumped across the shop floor toask if i needed any help. I said no thanks and i went about my business. I had a member of my staff with me at the tiem and she said my god he fancies you so bad. I was like really

I left and then went back in the shop the following day,as i couodnt find what i was looking for and his shop had the nearest thing. So then i asked him for a specific pair of trainers in my sons size, and he said that they didnt have his size. So i asked if he could order it in from another store, and he said that they didnt di that for customers, but he would go to another branch to collect a pair if i went out to lunch with him!! I said yes as i was thinking about the trainers, at this time i still hadnt noticed him as such, then i spotted his perfecty formed bum...................that was it lol...............we have been together since going to lunch for 3 and a half years.

He stillreakons he didnt jump out in front of me, but i say well if you didnyt how would we have got together as i hadnt noticed you?

I met my gorgeous boyfriend on the Internet.

Met at Waterloo station almost two years ago and I knew immediately that this was the love of my life.

After one marriage, two children, 9 year relationship and one child from that, it just felt so right.

We are moving in together soon and it is true when they say "you just know".

I met my husband through the boy scouts :D !!, they owned a huge estate in the mountains. we used to camp there & one night we ran out of matches to light a fire, I went up to ask him for matches, I told him we had run out, he gave me 20p & told me to phone the samaratans & tell someone who cared (he thought that was funny, I thought he was a w***er!), I told him to keep his 20p cause it was freefone anyway :lick: !!

A couple of months later we were back up there using the rock climbing tower, he was working with the guy doing the ropes, when I got to the top he asked me out for dinner, I told him no, I was only ½ way down the tower when he tied the ropes off & I jammed on, he absailed down to my level & asked me to dinner again, I said no again, he said ‘fine im going for a cup of tea now so think about it’ and left me hanging there!! He came back 10 mins later & said ‘so how about dinner’ I said ‘tonight, 8pm, & it better be somewhere expensive’.

….And the rest is history.

I met my husband in Golden nightclub 12 years ago, he lived 70 miles away in Rochdale, there were a large group of us that would meet and go to varios dance clubs (from Stoke, Stafford, Leicester, Loughbough, Rugley, Rochdale, Sheffield, Warrick.....). Andy and I were good mates for about 6 months (i was engaged to someone else) he turned out to be a ****, and we split up, Andy and I then got together, but split after a while we were both young and lived along way apart, we stayed good mates (may a little more sometimes!!!) and got back together 18 months later. I moved to Rochdale after 6 months, we married in 2001, and have 2 wonderful kids, nine years on were still together and love him to bits, long distance relationships can work. We moved back to Stoke 4 years ago, but I'd go anywhere with him!:Love:

Met my hubby in a dodgy nightclub in Batley, West Yorkshire. (You probably know it if you are from this area girls, the one with the big flashing lights on the front & has a LASER SHOW!)

There were many dodgy men in there but I hooked a good en! Have been an item ever since. it was love at first sight, really it was. Just wish I could re-wind the button to that moment we first met. It was magical... oh I am getting slushy now... off I must go x

I met my hubby in a nightclub in Warrington. I thought that going away from where I lived I wouldn't meet anyone nearby - turned out my hubby lived just a couple of miles from me. I wasn't looking for a relationship as I was just starting divorce proceedings with my ex. At the end of the night he gave me his card and his home, work and mobile number (he was keen!). I left it for a week to call him as I wasn't sure that the timing was right! Good job I rang.

after a horrible marriage i spent four years happily by myself just concentrating on my kids and work, then i decided i would like to meet someone and a client recommended my wonderful partner to me, so we met up on a blind date at the local coffee shop and i was in love by the second date,lol. i didnt even have to leave my desk to meet someone special!

Latest posts

Back