How do I do perfect polish job with pedicures? Help please, have 3 booked next week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
with it being the summer have started to get more pedicure bookings, have been doing mostly minx pedis and regular or shellac manicures since my training so havent actually had much practise with pedicures or more to the point actually polishing toe nails
we were not actually shown when did the training 2 in 1 mani/pedi - she just said same as fingernails and paint line vertically across the big toe nail, did this on a client in the week who booked in for a spa pedi and what a mess i made of it! also her other toe nails were so small i had to paint straight across, not down god know what she must have thought!
just wondered how you got the perfect polish finish with your pedicures, have 2 shellac and 1 regular polish pedicures booked for next week - gonna practise on my 2 daughters this evening, but is there a fool proof technicque ? fine with the actual cuticle prep and pedicure, just the polishing thats troubling me :(

I suppose that toes can be a bit fiddly to hold at first, but honestly you do paint them like fingernails and I personally do not paint horizontally on the large toes at he eponychium area but that is personal choice not something you have to do in order to d oa good job.

Just like fingernails, it is a matter of brush control and having the right amount of polish on the brush and having a light touch. I wouldn't make it more dificult than it needs to be. The most important thing is having the foot in a comortable position to paint it. I like the client to be sitting higher than I and with their knee bent and the sole of the foot resting in my lap.

I tend to position the foot in the way Geeg has explained.. but i am so cack handed when trying to hold the toes lol.. i tend to put my toes spacers in and then position the foot. i hold the toe joint from the top with my thumb and index finger not from the bottom.. and that helps me gently pull the toes down .. i find this so much better that trying to hold from the bottom of the toe..and i rest my pinkie for balance on the towel roll the foot is on..

I simply polish as i would the finger nails then..

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back