How do I get started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty-treats

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I'm a beauty therapist and I've decided I want to go into spray tanning. My problem is I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I need to train with the product I'm going to use or is it ok to train with a beauty academy and then buy separately. I've been costing it up and I think I can save money buying the gun, tent etc separately and then do a days training at my nearest beauty school. I think I want to go with Nouvatan, but it's a little out of my price range ATM. However something in my head is telling me to buy the package and do it all with them. Does it really matter? I've read a lot of you switch between different brands anyway, so does that mean once you've trained you can use anyone's product? I want to speak to both options but I'm worried they won't give me an honest answer and just try to sell to me.
Hope you guys can help me.
Sorry for waffling on!!! :eek:

Don't forget the saying buy cheap buy twice.There are many threads on here about cheap machines that use loads of solution or burn out after a few tans also tents that won't collapse anymore.
Also if you buy a kit from a company you will probably get training included.Its probably a really good time to enquire at the moment as beauty show north is on and many companies will probably be doing show deals.
Nouvatan actually do a training day in Hemel Hempstead

Last edited:
I would do it all with Nouvatan, they are fab! Their whole package may be a little more expensive but you can't put a value on the great product, the support and their excellent customer service, they are always on the end of the phone and they deliver so quickly when you need to replenish. I trained about 18 months ago and haven't looked back. As someone said to me recently, when I was fannying around with a cheaper gel lamp 'Why are you compromising? You're in business so you have to be the best you can be, and if that means spending a bit more then so be it!' Best bit of advice I have been given.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help!!!! :)

I trained with Sienna X initially and found their package reasonable and we had really informative training. Personally I found it easier to buy a package then find my feet with what I needed etc. after. If you'd like me to dm you my experience, cost and what I actually use in terms of product, disposables and machine I will :)

Yes please that would be great!!!! x

Latest posts

Back