How do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleypayne

Reaction score
hi there all, i have just been reading some threads from a while ago, re how much people charge for full sets and maintenance (rebalance). I have recently been questioning the fact that a rebalance costs less than a full set when there is alot more work involved in a rebalance. I always have just thought this is how it works and have never wanted to rock the boat with my clients, but why should we do more work for less, esp when the cleints are getting a proffessional set of enhancements of high quality!!!
I would just like to know what every one else does regarding this and if there is anyone from the west mids area who actually charge the same now, im from coventry and at present charge £25 FULL SET AND £17 MAINT.
Thanks for your time
Hayley x x x :confused:

hi there all, i have just been reading some threads from a while ago, re how much people charge for full sets and maintenance (rebalance). I have recently been questioning the fact that a rebalance costs less than a full set when there is alot more work involved in a rebalance. I always have just thought this is how it works and have never wanted to rock the boat with my clients, but why should we do more work for less, esp when the cleints are getting a proffessional set of enhancements of high quality!!!
I would just like to know what every one else does regarding this and if there is anyone from the west mids area who actually charge the same now, im from coventry and at present charge £25 FULL SET AND £17 MAINT.
Thanks for your time
Hayley x x x :confused:

hiya hayley (fab name!) i charge 25 full set and 20 for a rebalance - but i agree its more work/time!

I charge the same and my clients have never complained about it. It takes me the same time to do them so I charge the same. My biggest problem is my clients don't come back for infills (unless its a colour) and it does'nt matter how often I tell them that it would be a lot better if they did they just don't do it. They all say they only get paid monthly so could'nt afford to come and have infills. It drives me mad but at least they are regular clients, even if they are hard work! x

I charge £35 for full set of forever french
and £21.50 for the rebalance at 2 wks
and £23.50 for the rebalance at 3 wks
and £25.50 for the rebalance at 4 wks
anyone that dares to go over 4 wks gets charged as a new set £35.00
to be fair 99% of my clients come back at 2 wks, i only have one lady that leaves it for 3 weeks hth

Hello

I was pondering this the other day after it took me 2 hours to do a french rebalance with 5 repairs:irked:. I think if you charge the same as for a full set, clients are less likely to take care with them and will pick them off and have a full set each time. Now, whilst what the client does is her business, and I may not agree with it but hey as long as she's paying I'll provide the service, it does cause more work for me and is therefore less cost effective if the client comes back with more work needed. so, I charge less for a rebalance where the client looks after her nails and as such creates less work for me if that makes sense. so, a 2 week rebal with no repairs or replacements is much cheaper than a full set, but I charge for additional repairs and replacements, so it becomes more expensive than a full set if theres lots of work for me to do. My prices are:

Natural full set £30
Pink & White full set £35
Natural rebalance £18 up to 3 weeks, £23 more than 3 weeks
French rebalance £23 up to 3 weeks, £28 more than 3 weeks.

I include one repair or replacement with the rebal price, but additional repairs are £2.50 each. So as you can see a straight forward rebal is cheaper than a full set, but say you have p&w (which most of mine do for some reason), the full set is £35. If you leave it over 3 weeks, then have 4 missing nails, its actually a bit more than having a full set.

Hope this helps:hug:

I now charge the same for my full sets as my rebalances
full set £25
Rebalance £25

I was working longer doing a rebal than a full set, so couldnt see the point in working for a lesser amount ..when I know my prices are low anyway (although they are not for my area )

x

I think you've probably got it about right, Emmsy, in so far as it acknowledges that the bulk of the trade is probably in rebalances and not new sets?

Maybe it's better to have the seemingly less expensive new sets and a more realistic rebalance charge, especially as it isn't generally much less work. It can be even more, if they come back in a mess with them. :irked: x

:hug:

I charge the same for re-balances and full sets $40.00

Janet

Thanks Everyone For Your Opinions. I Think My Nails Are On The Cheap Side, For My Area Etc And For The Quality Of Nails I Produce As There Are Alot Of Nss Salons Round Are Area Too Which Are Such A Poor Quality.
Do You Have An Advice On How I Should Word It To My Clients On The Price Changes. I Want Do Get My Prices Sorted Before I Start Taking On New Cleints As I Am Reeally Starting To Build On My Business Now.
Thanks Again
Hayley X X :)

I charge £35 for a new set and £25 for a rebalance. In time this will increase again.
If some people question the cost involved I say that it reflects my quality of work and products used and also the training that I have undergone. But you cant win them all, some clients will still go to the nss salons and get butchered. x

I have recently started at a salon. I am NSI trained. Im finding that it takes just over 2 hours to do a rebalance but only an hour and a half to do a full set. Im renting a table at the salon i work in and have found the other girls clip the tip off instead of filing it down and put another one on. when i did my training they advised us strongly against this. Why is this so bad for the nails? it takes them a fraction of the time and results in perfect smile lines. I also have a couple of ladies who come back for a rebalance with their nails in such bad condition like they have tried to leave it as long as they can before coming in so then it takes me even longer. as im still trying to build a client base im still charging them my introductory prices! :cry:
any ideas?

I have recently started at a salon. I am NSI trained. Im finding that it takes just over 2 hours to do a rebalance but only an hour and a half to do a full set. Im renting a table at the salon i work in and have found the other girls clip the tip off instead of filing it down and put another one on. when i did my training they advised us strongly against this. Why is this so bad for the nails? it takes them a fraction of the time and results in perfect smile lines. I also have a couple of ladies who come back for a rebalance with their nails in such bad condition like they have tried to leave it as long as they can before coming in so then it takes me even longer. as im still trying to build a client base im still charging them my introductory prices! :cry:
any ideas?

I take it they only used white tips then...???.....my clients would go mad if i was to clip off there nails....IMO its about getting clients to the NNO stage.

The length doesn't have to be removed at all....file down...thin out and re balance.

No i use various colour tips but i sculpt as well. but i mean when their clients whites have grown out they just clip them off. i file them down extremely thin then place acrylic on top (only taking the length down as much as the client would want). am i making sense. hehe im new to all this you see. my point was more how long its takes me - im not trianed on a drill yet either.

I charge £40 full set pink/white, £45 for colours or glitter.

Rebalances:

2 weeks £25
3 weeks £27
4 weeks £30
Over 4 weeks - full set price applies.

You are in the next town to me Hayley, there are a lot of NSS shops there and a lot of salons use NSI, what products do you use, just out of curiosity.

Ju xxx

hi ya,i use nsi too. i trained with star nails but i didnt get on with it so changed when i worked in a salon.
i think i will charge more for maint after 3 weeks etc, not too much of a shock to the system then!!!!
Hayley x x x :)

I charge £43 for a full set of p&w l&p extensions, £38 for p&w nno.

French re-balance £29. I agree it takes the same length of time to do as a new set of overlays (a new set with tips would take longer though). I have put my rebalance price up recently.

But nobody else where I live charges the same for a rebalance as a new set.

Latest posts

Back