How do you clean your tent in this cold weather?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So I last cleaned my Spray Tan tent in September!
I have a bit of OCD & I feel my tent is getting rather messy & smelly!!
No one likes the smell of spray tan after its been left for a while!
I've been wanting to clean it but am worried it won't dry or it will freeze over due to it been so cold!
Is there any other way of cleaning it?
I have wiped it down but I do feel it needs a good blast with the hose x

I haven't got a garden so hosing it down isnt poss for me.
I've got a spray bottle that I fill with hot soapy water & just spray the whole tent down then I mop it with hot soapy water. It's always clean & smells clean. hth x

I fill my gun with warm soapy water and spray my tent with that. Then I wipe over with a soft cloth or towel.

Oh what a good idea... does the tent get very wet? Or just damp?
Arent you worried about some of the soap staying in the gun at all?
x

x

It's a good idea to spray some warm soapy water through your gun regularly anyway, after the soapy water just run it through with some warm water to make sure all the soap is gone :) xx

Im with you im waiting for a nice day to get my tent out for a good hosing but for now spraying it down with soapy water than warm water. Its good for the tent aswel as the gun x

Sorry Girls!
Do you spray with warm water indoors or outdoors?
X

x

It just gets damp enough to clean it. You can do several "layers" of cleaning if it needs it. As said above, you should run warm soapy water through your gun regularly to clean it anyway, so this is kind of two jobs done in one! Just rinse your gun afterwards with plain water to get rid of any soapy residue.

I do this indoors. Your not spraying masses of water on the tent, so it's not a problem. Once the weather is better, then I will do a deep clean out in the garden, but it doesn't really need it.

Damp cloth and windolene :) works a treat!

I grin and bear it and take it out the back garden and hose it down. Or I pay my kiddies a couple of quid lol x

I ended up getting out in the garden yesterday wrapping up warm and washing it down! Werent too bad to be honest, I wore my tanning gloves so I didnt actually feel the cold on my hands!
All went well and now have a fresh smelling tent :D

I grin and bear it and take it out the back garden and hose it down. Or I pay my kiddies a couple of quid lol x

Me too! I stick some wellies on and get stuck in! I do bring it inside and let it dry on some towels in my conservatory as it doesn't dry very well out in the cold and would hate it to start growing mould!! x

I fill my gun with warm soapy water and spray my tent with that. Then I wipe over with a soft cloth or towel.

This is what I was taught to do on my Sienna X training.

Everytime I clean my gun out I fill it with warm soapy water open the spray right up so it comes out heaviest and blast it. I then wipe it with a towel to clean it, blast it again for a rinse and then wipe once more to dry.

It takes 10 mins and I have a clean gun and a clean tent :)

But in between tans I use the Sienna X exfoliating spritz I got with my kit and some kitchen roll to clean it. I need to buy some anti bac claner tho as the efoliating stuff is an expensive way to keep your tent clean!

Latest posts

Back