How do you cope?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% there is no other job that i have ever been in that would allow 4 people off at the same time.

What silly girls have they no sense, they certainly have no respect!

Ditto...in my other job, there is a rule of only 2 off at a time. The manager makes it very clear not to book flights etc before holiday approval because if she says no, then thats tough luck to you...you deal with the financial loss....

I agree 100% there is no other job that i have ever been in that would allow 4 people off at the same time.

What silly girls have they no sense, they certainly have no respect!

Katie1982, I must agree here. We had the same situation where several hair stylists booked a cruise THEN told the salon manager that they all needed the same week off. That was the ploy to ensure they would get their way.

The salon manager of course said no because it would leave them short-staffed. The group appealed to the salon owner stating that the cruise was already booked...figuring that he'd cave because they'd lose their money. He stood by his rule book that said all vacation leave must be pre-approved in order to ensure that the salon/spa was properly staffed. They were furious. They threatened to quit. You know what? They didn't because it was clearly stated in the rule book.

Saying there's nothing you can do is absolutely wrong because there certainly is something you can do. Stand your ground.

Sounds like you've already started. It seems like you're trying to make sure they do what they're suppose to.

I hope things work out for you.

If it happened in my salon I would be furious. I have annual leave request forms that need to be filled in 4 weeks minimum in advance of holidays and handed to me. It clearly states in their contract, NOT to book any holidays until they have had their leave approved.

SO maybe you could consider this for next time? This time, I would get them all together and explain that you are upset about them taking holidays all together when they know its not allowed and that you will be cancelling their treatments unless they are prepared to pay FULL price for them.

I feel for you, I really do but you need to take charge of this situation and lay the law down.

tigi
x

What did you do in the end Kate? x

Me too! Don't leave us hanging lol!

dont leave us hanging!! whats happening now? :Scared:

Latest posts

Back